Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Sindall
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Constantly losing "reward levels" on the voting stone

Post by Sindall »

Well, the clarification does help a bit. The personal gain is a nice byproduct, and I think the cap is fair where it is, but what I'm saying I'm still at level 1. I'm seeing if there's anything else I may be doing wrong on my end, or needs fixing.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Sindall wrote:do you need to have the voting stone launch the browser to vote?
Maybe.

If anything would cause any of the web sites to see your request from a different IP address than the one the UOEX server sees then yes, you have to launch from the stone.

What could cause that? If you use any kind of security proxy in your web browser, the voting site will see the proxy's IP address instead of yours.

More commonly, if your ISP has enabled IPv6, some of the voting web sites will see your IPv6 address instead of your IPv4 address. UOEX sees only your IPv4 address. The vote stone can't know about your IPv6 address so it will mark the vote unfair if it sees you having voted at all.

Regards,
Wil
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

I thought the stone wouldnt let you vote anyway if it isnt past the 24hr wait time? Im down to level 12. NEVER had a problem with voting until recently. I wont be voting anymore until I hear that something has been fixed. If I havent changed the way Ive voted on my end then Id assume its nothing Im doing wrong.
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

andl2ea wrote:I thought the stone wouldnt let you vote anyway if it isnt past the 24hr wait time? Im down to level 12. NEVER had a problem with voting until recently. I wont be voting anymore until I hear that something has been fixed. If I havent changed the way Ive voted on my end then Id assume its nothing Im doing wrong.

You won't hear about it being fixed since you aren't voting.
The issues that some are having seems to be limited to only those people, most of us can vote with no problem, only you can determine if it's fixed.... by voting.

People are trying to give suggestions for you to try and you respond by telling the community your not voting because you don't see a personal gain. This isn't exactly the way to get the community to offer assistance.

Vote because you want to support the shard, not because of some potential reward for doing so.
Or don't vote/support, completely up you.
Luna
Expert Scribe

Post by Luna »

Ok well I will stop treating you unfairly now.
One more bad design decision and one more good feature going down the drain. I'm definitely not going to keep records of my votes by the second. More luck to you fair people.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

I'm sure it's too hard to remember time and count 24 hrs from the last time. Lol
Barrestock
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Barrestock »

Follow the instructions in the book. I have used Firefox and Chrome which is my preferred browser just click open in new browser if it doesn't make sure you are on the Excelsior page when you click the voting pages. It will take 20 seconds of your life to do this. Because windows is constantly updating itself you might be lucky and it will open itself. I haven't been able to do this in months. Get over it vote on time or a bit later you will soon get your ED.
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Stephen wrote:I'm sure it's too hard to remember time and count 24 hrs from the last time. Lol
Yeah, especially considering every vote on the stone has a timestamp. Truly a terrible design.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

They do realize the reason it has the 24 hr limit is because any votes under 24 hrs do not get accepted by the voting sites right? lol
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Don't ask me. This whole thread is like...
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

I agree. But im sure its 24 hrs because i remember a long time ago before this new system with the old one, they said it has to be after 24 hrs hits because if they are under that they do not get counted as votes.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Animol wrote:
Stephen wrote:I'm sure it's too hard to remember time and count 24 hrs from the last time. Lol
Yeah, especially considering every vote on the stone has a timestamp. Truly a terrible design.
Pretty much nailed it right there.
Not to mention most people login roughly the same time each day.

click on link to vote... oh i can vote perfect... or hrmm i need to wait a few more minutes, oh yes i logged in yesterday at
such n such time.

Remembering what you did 24hrs ago can't be that difficult... can it??
RayB
Apprentice Scribe

Post by RayB »

Charon wrote:
Animol wrote:
Pretty much nailed it right there.
Not to mention most people login roughly the same time each day.

click on link to vote... oh i can vote perfect... or hrmm i need to wait a few more minutes, oh yes i logged in yesterday at
such n such time.

Remembering what you did 24hrs ago can't be that difficult... can it??
Hey PhDs:

If you have been reading the posts and listening to server chatter, some of us are having problems that are NOT time related. I watch my voting times very carefully. The admins have acknowledged that there is a problem with at least one of the voting servers, for some people. If you are not having a problem, have a cookie and go back to Fortnite.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

RayB wrote: Hey PhDs:

If you have been reading the posts and listening to server chatter, some of us are having problems that are NOT time related. I watch my voting times very carefully. The admins have acknowledged that there is a problem with at least one of the voting servers, for some people. If you are not having a problem, have a cookie and go back to Fortnite.

Hey Pumpkin:

1. Example posted earlier showed player not waiting 24hrs before voting again.
9 voting days: 5 legit votes, 3 not waiting 24rs in between votes, 1 days missed altogether.

2. Colibri stated to keep voting so they can collect data which will help them find the error (even though some players said they won't vote till it's fixed.) Again you wont know it's fixed unless you vote, in some cases.

3. The fact that some players have figured out it was an error on their side, browser issue, and 99% of us don't have issues, leads one to think its on the players side somewhere.

4. Fortnite! LOL, you kids are soo damn cute.
Nice try.
*pats RayB on the head*

Signed
One of Your Friendly Neighbourhood PhDs
Sindall
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Sindall »

Wil wrote:
More commonly, if your ISP has enabled IPv6, some of the voting web sites will see your IPv6 address instead of your IPv4 address. UOEX sees only your IPv4 address. The vote stone can't know about your IPv6 address so it will mark the vote unfair if it sees you having voted at all.
Wil,

Thank you, I think you kind of nailed what my problem may have been. I had been voting fairly for long enough to have leveled up, but I still had IPv6 enabled on my network adapters. I disabled that and after about 7 days, I gained my first level.

My browser still doesn't open from the voting stone, so at least that doesn't appear to be an issue.

On a side note, the [time command helps if you aren't sure if it's been 24 hours :) In fairness though, the voting stone shows a countdown timer when you vote, but doesn't enforce it on your next login session. Other timers do work, so it's kind of understandable that people are voting "unfairly". I know I had been.