FIXED: Missing items

Reported bugs that were fixed or handled in some other way
KatiJay
Elder Scribe

FIXED: Missing items

Post by KatiJay »

So... all day I was hearing about peoples' items going missing, and when everyone was told to page their reports, nothing had happened to me. My turn, and anyone else should probably list theirs if they haven't reported already:

I lost:
My young player ticket: Not a big deal. Another new player gave me his, but then it disappeared when I doubleclicked on it.
Last edited by KatiJay on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Jester »

Indeed, Missing items are becoming a big issue - I urge you to take inventory of your houses locked down items.

so far I am missing, 4 maps,
6 SOS bottles,
3 dragons,
4 nightmares,
a chest with 2000 regs ea and 360k (not exactly) gold.
2 big fish,
1 kitsume,
1 cu shide,
random decorations in the "dungeon room" (skelly boxes from graves, and a fur)

Our bank boxes are getting full - and we cant carry much. Thats why we have these houses.
Neko
Passer by

Post by Neko »

I'm also missing things from my shop:

I'm missing about 6k iron ingots, 2k dull copper and some misc runic hammers. Thing that bothers me is that the chest was co-owner only, which only a few people have access too, and I could assume that one of them took it, except that none of these people have any reason to take ore from me, cause I'm the guild BS and the only person that uses ore from me, is probably one of my biggest suppliers of ore.

I've had a few other trivial things disappear, but the ore is what bothers me the most. Normally things going missing wouldn't bother me so much, cause it's all replaceable, but too many people are having things go missing in quite a short amount of time.

The other thing that bothers me is that, although I'm in no way saying this is what happened or that there's the possibility of somebody finding a way to steal from the box, I know of nobody that I have a problem with or has a problem with me, who would do such a thing. Again, I'm not saying that's what happened, but in the very unlikely event it did, I don't know of anybody who would fit the profile.

Anyways, hopefully we'll discover what's happened =D, whether it's user error, a bug, or some other issue. Thanks for all insight and help =D
+Zeydius

Post by +Zeydius »

This is a very touchy subject area. Id suggest keeping very vauble items in your bank box instead of locked down inside of your house.
Pip
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pip »

I lost the following:

Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

this is an outrage and i demand satisfaction....

well, maybe when the pain pills wear off i will demand satisfaction... i am pretty satisfied right now... hehehe
Learn somthing new every day.....
Die and forget it all.....

Main Character Sacagawea (yes it's female and yes I am actually a Dude!)
KatiJay
Elder Scribe

Post by KatiJay »

I just wanted to say thank you for tending to this problem. :)
IGN: Auri
Morpheus
Administrator

Post by Morpheus »

No problem, if any of you missing some items, please report, because on the last server restart, server deleted around 50k items and thats bad :evil: :evil:
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

I had a bonded hiryu pet die and not leave a ghost, then I had another matching mate to it completely disappear, both were babies and out of the same parents. 927 str or so, 1000 hp, I can't really remember the rest of the stats. I sent in a page a couple days ago and it got passed along.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Ok, so i believe the many missing items were the cause of us running on a 64bit OS, and now that has been changed.

There are however the possibilities of loosing items locked down in a house - if you have co-owners or boxes with "friends" access. So please make sure you give the right privileges to the people you trust. But the big wave of items disapearing i think is over. It was the problem of 64bit not handling time properly, and he thougt some items are way too old and needed to be purged from the system.

The disapearing pet on death issue is still here - i've looked into it and found no clue.
Therefor - if you loose a pet this way, please let me know, and i will check a previous save and re-create the pet. Please do so only if the pets are good, not like any dragon you can tame, but something you paid good money or spent time breeding.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Lindon
Adept Scribe

lost 3 mules everytime i return to house (friend's)

Post by Lindon »

lost 3 pack mules returnin to house after having logged out...my in game is Lindon and friend's house is Momser.....member name is Jamar...till i
hear from you i will keep buying either shrink potion or a new one...but it
slows down my savings....Thanks.....

Enjoy when and wherever you are life is short! 8)
Sighten
Novice Scribe

Post by Sighten »

Of course you were on mule while logging out ? Cause when you log out and leave any pet as it is, it will disapear after some time unless you were mounted (then he logs out as well). If you left them that means they just freed themselfs or there is slight possibility that some of staff found it. Check lost and found.
Lindon
Adept Scribe

lost mules 2

Post by Lindon »

the mules were lost every time i returned after a log out...contrary to your advice i could not mount the pack mule as the choice is only to open
the backpack it carries....horses can be mounted but do not seem to carry a backpacks.....thanks for your attention and effort though....Jamar :(

PS the mules were kept in a very longtime friend ..so the problem seems to me to be technical?
Lindon
Adept Scribe

lost mules correction

Post by Lindon »

Sorry i left the word friend's HOUSE out of that Ps sentence
Jamar

Enjoy when and wherever you can lisf is........
Sighten
Novice Scribe

Post by Sighten »

I think that problem is you leave your pet just as it is. As i said before, if you leave any pet alone it will go wild and then disapear. ONLY pets which are shrinked, stabled and you are mouted on it wont disapear. What i understand from what you said is that it is your bad rather than technical issue.

Besides you are talking about pack horse not mule (from MoA). Mules can be ridden by double clicking on them.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

well, when pets go wild they just loose the tamed status and can be re-tamed, i think up to 5 times, but everytime you tame it, it gets harder. so i think it's only possible to re-tame a dragon once.
But if a wild pet is in a house, the system deletes it. Not sure why, but i guess there are benefits to that so i wouldnt go change it.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)