Actual Doom arti's in doom ?

Reported bugs that were fixed or handled in some other way
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Actual Doom arti's in doom ?

Post by OldManAlewar »

lately people have been getting tokuno lesser arti's in doom.

there is nothing more heart-rending than running the gauntlet, soloing the dark father and getting .... a chest of heirlooms... or a farmers kasa.

so pretty please ... Doom artifact in doom ? please ?
for the love of god, please ?

P.S. if there is an overwhelmingly good reason for tokuno arties in malas, i'd like to hear it too :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well, it's freeware :)

I'll look into it.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Xai
Adept Scribe

Post by Xai »

Without wishing to join the sabre rattling I agree with old man. I've never been so pleased with myself after my first successful solo doom run. Seeing all the gold I spent getting stuff to do it, the hours of skill preparation and hard work paying of is brilliant. I was mightly dissapointed to get a tokuno minor for my efforts affer after lap 3 or 4.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Still getting tokuno arties?

Ok i need to explain this a little bit, i think i already posted this somewhere.
The tokuno arti drop is completely independent of the doom arty drop. You get the tokuno arty because some malas dungeon regions are used as tokuno dungeons.

It's not: doom arty OR tokuno arty

It's: a chance to get a doom arty, and an independent chance to get a tokuno arty.

I think i fixed that once but because it's hard to drop (i dont have time to go do circles in doom) it was a TFix (theoretically fixed). I guess i will check again. But either way, if you get a tokuno arty, be happy you got it, it's a kind of bug that's good for the players :) Kinda like if you were getting tokuno arties for monsters you kill in trammel.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Xai
Adept Scribe

Post by Xai »

ah right ok. I thought it was a one OR the other but thanks for explaining.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Actual Doom arti's in doom ?

Post by +Colibri »

Has anyone recently got a tokuno arty in doom yet?

Btw, this isnt a Feature Request, it's more of a Bug Report.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Lyandrin
Elder Scribe

Post by Lyandrin »

Got 2 tokuno arties in doom yesterday and 1 O.o regular doom artie in 7 laps :(
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

As long as the tokunos are in addition loot and not in replacement, I don't think it's much of a problem. The arti drops rates get a little streaky. I've gotten 3 in a row and then none for 2-3 laps with 1300+ luck. And perhaps it's just a perception thing but it seems like I have a better shot when I get the kill shot, versus my pet.
Lyandrin
Elder Scribe

Post by Lyandrin »

Harabakc wrote:As long as the tokunos are in addition loot and not in replacement, I don't think it's much of a problem. The arti drops rates get a little streaky. I've gotten 3 in a row and then none for 2-3 laps with 1300+ luck. And perhaps it's just a perception thing but it seems like I have a better shot when I get the kill shot, versus my pet.

Ive tryied getting the kb aswell though I havent noticed any difference sadly :/
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Could just be a perception thing. I don't think I finished my last thought, hit enter too soon. Anyway, I've gotten 3 in a row before, and I've not gotten any for 5 laps, so it's just a little streaky sometimes. Usually when it's working as intended(or at least it seems like it) I get around 1 every other lap. But that is with 1300+ luck.
Lyandrin
Elder Scribe

Post by Lyandrin »

Harabakc wrote:Could just be a perception thing. I don't think I finished my last thought, hit enter too soon. Anyway, I've gotten 3 in a row before, and I've not gotten any for 5 laps, so it's just a little streaky sometimes. Usually when it's working as intended(or at least it seems like it) I get around 1 every other lap. But that is with 1300+ luck.

I currently run with about 1050 luck, so it might have something to do with that aswell, dunno though, just seems like the droprate is low :P
but that might also be a perception :P
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well, even tho it's 1300 luck, getting one every other round is pretty awesome.

The drop rate was like increased by a big factor from what it was in the distro RunUO files. The default should be like every 20 laps with such luck to get one. I think it's a lot bigger chance than OSI.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Well every other round would be 10 mobs, that would be 10% with really high luck, and that probably is pushing it a little.

3 runs would be around 7%.
4 runs would be 5%.
5 runs would be 4%.

Even after all this time I still don't have a full set of doom artis, I don't even do it much these days.