DISCARDED: Problems after server restart

Reported issues that were either not bugs or cannot be fixed (but don't present a serious issue)
Neamh
Novice Scribe

DISCARDED: Problems after server restart

Post by Neamh »

Nooot sure if anyone else is having the problem but I've had problems since after the server restart this morning. Connecting is slow and when I do log in only half of everything loads most of the time. When everything does load, I can walk a step or two but it all stops. Can't talk and no button clicks respond.

I think maybe some other people are having the problem also, but since we can't talk when we log in we can't tell anyone. XD If you are having the problem, I tried reinstalling everything and it didn't work. That was UO completely, the patches, and Razor itself.

If you are having the same problem maybe post here so that I know it isn't just me? XD

Screenshot of what it looks like when I log in:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... roblem.png

Edit: I had Ithir log in as me and move me to Brit. When I tried to log in it still did the same thing, but I can see everything around me move and I can see people talking, just can't respond, if that helps/matters. XD
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

submarinal intartubes cables have been damaged today. the whole planet has con issues.

might be a coincidence, might not. but ive had badass con issues all day.

so especially people connecting over atlantic distances should have crud. (for example, highroller (u.s.) trying to connect to the shard (in slovenia, if i'm not mistaken, wich is pretty much mainland europe)

for the record: my con-issues began an hour before restart.
+Rayne
Legendary Scribe

Respond to this if you are effected.

Post by +Rayne »

If you are personally effected by dysfunctional login, please reply with

"I am being effected"

If you are just commenting or speculating, feel free to keep posting :)

Hopefully we can narrow down this problem.

+Rayne
[Administrator of Excelsior]

I'll look to like, if looking liking move:
But no more deep will I endart mine eye
Than your consent to give strength to make it fly.
Li-Jung
Apprentice Scribe

some planets seem to have abrutbtly reversed their gravity

Post by Li-Jung »

i had the same problem this afternoon , but now everything seem to be ok, its not longer reeeaaallly slow to log in and im not stuck anylonger, hope everyone else aswell.
light up the darkness.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Re: Respond to this if you are effected.

Post by OldManAlewar »

"I am being Effected"

but i have conless on the entire intertubes :)
When i log in i can move 3 tiles and then it hangs.vto be more exact, if i use public chat, it doesnt show up in the log, on the site.
KillJoy
Novice Scribe

Post by KillJoy »

Bob and myself are having the same prob. but the annoying thing is if I get on wireless and use the nieghbors net its fine
+Rayne
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Rayne »

Goodness, what a mess. :? I hope we find some answers shortly.

+Rayne
[Administrator of Excelsior]

I'll look to like, if looking liking move:
But no more deep will I endart mine eye
Than your consent to give strength to make it fly.
Li-Jung
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Li-Jung »

ok so this is most likely a problem with some conflict beetween the shards new config and the older Ip's/Isp, i am not an expert but it might be something of that nature, so it may actualy be fixed individualy trough each one's connection or evaluating the shards new config and such. good luck.
light up the darkness.
OldManAlewar
Legendary Scribe

Post by OldManAlewar »

Li-Jung wrote:ok so this is most likely a problem with some conflict beetween the shards new config and the older Ip's/Isp, i am not an expert but it might be something of that nature, so it may actualy be fixed individualy trough each one's connection or evaluating the shards new config and such. good luck.
i have the shard at 192.249.53.33

not that i think that should make any difference :S (you either connect to an IP, or you dont)

if people have any other IP's floating around for the shard i'd like to hear them

P.S. its the mediterranian, not atlantic cable.

as we speak 75% of egypt, and 60% of india has conloss. (for so far as tey ahd internet there in the first place)

again: might be completely unrelated, YMMV.
Last edited by OldManAlewar on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Just a quick info. My ISP is having major difficulties, altho some people may connect, I saw that there were fewer players online today.

The official shard address is shard.uoex.net
For any techies out there, you can see that it's 194.249.53.33

If you can connect to that then well done, if not, i'm afraid we'll just have to wait till they fix it. It's not just this region that's having problems, it's all of my country that is on this ISP (which is very reliable othervise).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Same as Neamh

Post by Cygnus »

FYI, I had the same exact problems as Neamh. I gave up after 8 attempts or so.
Neamh
Novice Scribe

Post by Neamh »

The three other people that live in the same city as I do can all connect fine and two of them share the same ISP as I do, so I've ruled that out, unless I happen to be connected to a different/bad whatever. X3
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

P.S. its the mediterranian, not atlantic cable.

as we speak 75% of egypt, and 60% of india has conloss. (for so far as tey ahd internet there in the first place)

Well I got on the next day. I couldn't reply on forum because I hadn't registered. Couldn't register because I didn't know the town crier name. Hope you are on soon Old Man. The guild misses ya.
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Problems after server restart

Post by +Colibri »

Seems like this was a temporary issue, not really a bug. Discarding.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)