(-) Pet Slots

leehovan
Master Scribe

(-) Pet Slots

Post by leehovan »

I'm not sure whether this has been posted before. But anyway, here goes
as a Tamer, we all know that beetle takes 3 slots, white wyrm take 4 slots, nightmare takes 2 slots, horses take 1 slot plus some other animals and beasts etc.

Now get to the point, we all know that we have 5 pets slots which allows us to take 5 horses with us at the same time.

My point is that would it be possible to increase the pet slots to like 7?

I think that it will be better as by doing so, we can take more pets out and killing monsters will be better and also will look more impressive to have 2 drakes walking along side with you :D
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Well, i can understand it's difficult to go out killing with low-end pets and just 5 slots. However, we have animal breeding and bioengineering, which can help you get some really strong pets.

For example, pack instincted animals get 25% bonus from every other pet. That's why even 5 bred-up pack instincted animals can kill some of the strongest things on the shard in under a minute.

Biopets take 3 slots each, even just one can be very strong, two of them really pack a punch.

There's a donation reward that gives you a +1 slots. It's listed at a quite high donation amount, because the 6 slots then give you the ability to use 2 biopets.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

You can already take 2 drakes, they only require 2 slots. Dragons and White Wyrms only take 3 slots each. And I believe giant beetles only take 2 slots, but you could be talking about rune beetles.

At auctions you can sometimes find -follower slot deeds, which can reduce the follower slots taken by 1. I know there has been at least one sold.