Treasure Map Books

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Jax2
Grandmaster Scribe

Treasure Map Books

Post by Jax2 »

I'm unsure as to how long PS books have been around as I've been gone for quite some time, so they're new to me - with that said, they've given me an idea I think would be well appreciated on the shard, at least by those of us who do treasure maps frequently - a tmap book.

The idea would be to allow players to add treasure maps to a single book, only after they've already decoded them.

The book would be divided up between fel and tram, and have 1 - 8 for each level of map. When you press the button next to the number of maps you have in each slot, one of the maps will pop out into your backpack allowing you to finish the dig.

Cartography, lockpick to make the book or even to use the book (100+ maybe?)

This would free up so much space in the backpack when you're carrying 10 - 20 maps, and allow you to carry hundreds at once instead of having to leave them at home and retrieve them. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to code, but I'm assuming it would be far easier and much faster than coding the powerscroll book was.

Comments?
Jax2
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Treasure Map Books

Post by Jax2 »

Oh, and perhaps to cut back on coding for the crafting portion of this, make it available either on token stone or gold stone, or perhaps sell on the cartographer NPC's for a heft price - I know I'd be willing to pay 200 - 500k tokens for this, or gold.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I like this idea :nod:
Jax2 wrote:Cartography, lockpick to make the book or even to use the book (100+ maybe?)
I think the skill requirement should be 120 for both, not to make it too easy (and add inscription to that as it's a book after all), or then make it available for purchase as you said, i wouldn't mind paying 500k tokens/gold for this.

Although if this would be approved, i don't see this coming anytime soon as the staff are busy with the upcoming facets. But i'm not in a hurry... :D
Tattersail
Master Scribe

Post by Tattersail »

Oh please, if this gets put in the game, let's not go with cartography 120...It'll end up being one of those things you can't use, untill you no longer really need it (i.e. once you're not knee deep in t-maps 'cause you're trying to raise your cartography skill the last 20 points)...
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Actualy, raising cartography to 120 is not really difficult if you think about it. I know it took a while for msyelf but i was deciphering maps 1 by 1 as i dug the chests. If you simply go for deciphering the maps without even digging them it should be quite easy to raise over time. When you get your hands on a tmap, simply decipher it right away. I did buy once 500 tmaps (lvl 5) from one guy. I got good raise there too. As for the remaining 5 points... i only needed a couple level 7 maps as you fail like crazy on these and get probably around 2pt gain (not .2) for a single map... unless this is not intended to be so. Anyway, i'll gladly like to see that tmap book too hehe. But i guess i'll wait till the revamp. Cheers !