[ORION] copy script causing crash

If you make a Client-side script you can publish it here for other players to use
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

[ORION] copy script causing crash

Post by Alibaster »

is anyone having issues copying a script out of Orion? If I highlight a script and try to copy it, Orion crashes and closes out UOEX. Same thing happens when I convert a macro to a script, I cant copy it without ORION crashing. Any idea what's going on
Alibaster in game!!
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: [ORION] copy script causing crash

Post by davethemage »

I just tested it and i'm fine. converted / copied / pasted and ran no problem. Maybe something on your end.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I have had the same problem from the get go. Just didnt know what to do so had to work around it.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I’ve never had this problem. If I’m trying to copy a macro I recorded I click “to script” and highlight and copy from there. If I’m trying to work with an actual script I have saved in a file, I open the file with notepad and copy it like that.
TDC Guild
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Melkor wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:27 pm
I’ve never had this problem. If I’m trying to copy a macro I recorded I click “to script” and highlight and copy from there. If I’m trying to work with an actual script I have saved in a file, I open the file with notepad and copy it like that.
That is exactly what I do but when I right click and copy then it force closes/crashes Orion. Same thing if I do control C. copying and control C work on every other program on my computer just not Orion. I'm running the latest updated version.
Alibaster in game!!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Still having the issue. Anyone found a work around or know what might be going on?
Alibaster in game!!
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

This is just a shot in the dark, but it's fixed a bunch of other problems I've run across with UO clients/programs:

Try right-clicking the executable and go to Properties.
Go to Compatibility tab.
Under Compatibility mode, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
In the dropdown, try something older like Win XP SP2.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Right click the shortcut or exe. Select properties. Select compatibility tab. In settings check the "Run as administrator" box. Click OK. Copying scripts will no longer crash it. You're welcome.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Johnny Warren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:25 pm
Right click the shortcut or exe. Select properties. Select compatibility tab. In settings check the "Run as administrator" box. Click OK. Copying scripts will no longer crash it. You're welcome.
And the award goes to.....Johnny Warren!! Thank you Johnny for helping me. That worked like a charm
Alibaster in game!!