Changelogs - 2023

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Changelogs - 2023

Post by +Colibri »

Server restarted today, mainly to fix the broken SOS message fishing.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Just a headsup on the balron gold drop: it seems that I forgot to finalize a line in the code for the June 30th restart, and the Balrons were still dropping the usual amount (was focusing too much on the essences and forgot the gold range). Since the server crashed today, I quickly added this update, but now I forgot some edits that were for testing, and the balrons are dropping very little gold. We'll have another restart soon (possibly an un-announed crash) and I'll put them to the way they should be then.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

i noticed the no gold, and no essence...good to restore that, and maybe 5-10 levels on weapons lost, lol
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I mean ballys dropping very little gold isn't all that bad an Idea.... :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

Not a balron slayer here, only seldom do i kill em but its kind of surprising/disheartening that no one reported there wasn't actually a change in the balron gold drops back in July! I thought there had been because the tmap balrons were only dropping 2k. I feel cheated! :verymad:
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Now if I open an Ingeniously t-chest and farm all gems/reagents, claim every corpse etc... etc... I gain 20-22K of gold. Before the value was between 36-42K. For me now a deviously Fel. t-map worth half the price I was paying before, deviously Tram. and everything below that have no value to me at this point.

P.S.: I still do t-maps only because I want to complete the ginormous stash notes achievement.
The Skilled Image.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I feel like this was a terrible thing done. Dungeons like fan dancer dojo, blood dungeon etc had 2-3 balrons and were 150k/h - noob pet friendly. Nerfing the entire balron feels like all world is now baren... Is anyone going to do dungeon crawling now? Treasure map hunting? Walking around the world at all?

While all this problem is just growing, Wrong dungeon continues to yield more than 300k/h... Are you nerfing the entire world or just everyone else's?

It seems the world is reduced to Wrong dungeon and Champ spawns...

Good luck attracting players with these measures.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

It seems like the Balron nerfing came about because of a vocal minority that wants to make everything "fair" and "equal". No one should do better then what they determine is acceptable. They used the argument that Balrons were done AFK and that it should be stopped. Now that one side is being catered to, the rest of us that just sat here silently and played the game are being punished. I think the fix is worse then the problem and will diminish the appeal of the shard overall. Wrong dungeon is for the upper end player so without Balrons, the middle tier player will have a harder time getting gold and gearing up. This leads to frustrations and leaving the game. I have to admit, I've been looking around at other shards to see what's out there. If things keep getting nerfed, I'll have to jump too.
Alibaster in game!!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

There's at least 5 things in this game that I do that earn over 250k gold per hour...and most of you are able to do all of them as well. No, i'm not telling you what they are. Go out and explore and play the game and figure it out :nod:

Balrons needed to be nerfed. They dropped 2,000-8,000 gold each and died after 3 hits. That's just very disproportionate to what all the otehr mobs on the shard drop.

I see people wasting time on champs for hours each day and that's one of the most inefficient use of your time. You could be making 2-3x as much gold doing a dozen other things.

Are all Balrons nerfed? I thought it was just the ones that were in TK trammel that everyone just popped in and out of. If it's all of them, then i'd increase the gold loot on the Felucca ones because they do take quite a bit longer to kill.

The economy as a whole is unbalanced. The value of resources has fallen off a cliff because there's just no use for them. If you solve the problem of the price (and use) of resources then the economy will start thriving again.

1. Ingots
2. Boards
3. Granite
4. Leather
5. Organics
6. Ointments

Get the prices of all those items stabilized at a normal level and the economy will improve greatly.

1. Increase the points per level of crafted armor and weapons to 4 per level instead of 3 per level. This would revive crafting and lift the price of ingots and leather.

2. House maintenance costs. Monthly maintenance of 500 boards, 500 granite, and 50 organics for every housing plot you own. Everyone gets 1 for free so that new players aren't penalized.

3. Require 20 ointments per month per weapon that has SR5 to maintain self-repair on such weapon.

4. Create an NPC that buys precious gems (blue diamond, fire ruby etc) at an established rate which prevents the cratering of exex prices.

5. Allow the trade-in of any Doom gauntlet artifact (the ones that pop in your pack) for 1ED (50-60k gold) or trade-in 10 of them for a re-roll and have a 2% chance of getting a Bone Crusher, 2% chance at a SoT, 2% chance at a Jackals Collar, and a 1% chance at a Titan Hammer (if you also add in 100,000 tokens)
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Well said Muolke. I wasn't aware of the 5 items you mentioned but I'll do more exploring for sure. Fixing resource values is definitely needed and I like the ideas you mentioned. It would definitely give more options to build wealth for all players.
Alibaster in game!!
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

At this point nerf Wrong Fel. so people can't script farming the place anymore. Once the last spot is nerfed the shard will be 100% "balanced" making donations the only decent way to get money, this will also prevent grinders to outbid donators at Grand Auctions.
The Skilled Image.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Turnabout wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:38 pm
At this point nerf Wrong Fel. so people can't script farming the place anymore. Once the last spot is nerfed the shard will be 100% "balanced" making donations the only decent way to get money, this will also prevent grinders to outbid donators at Grand Auctions.
And it will kill the shard. I agree script farming is bad but don't eliminate something non-script farmers do just because someone else abuses it. If you have a healing script running at any time wouldn't that qualify you as a script farmer? More AFK checks are needed just to make sure AFK farming is not happening.
Alibaster in game!!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Alibaster wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:48 pm

And it will kill the shard. I agree script farming is bad but don't eliminate something non-script farmers do just because someone else abuses it. If you have a healing script running at any time wouldn't that qualify you as a script farmer? More AFK checks are needed just to make sure AFK farming is not happening.
Don't try to reason with him. He just makes things personal.

He's unhappy about the Balron nerf but there's valid explanations as to why it needed to happen. For example, they dropped up to 8,000 gold and took 3 hits to kill making the reward disproportionate.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Muolke wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:52 pm
Don't try to reason with him. He just makes things personal.

He's unhappy about the Balron nerf but there's valid explanations as to why it needed to happen. For example, they dropped up to 8,000 gold and took 3 hits to kill making the reward disproportionate.
I have to admit I enjoyed the Balron train while it lasted. Took me a little more then 3 hits to kill them but I still got it done. I can see how it was unbalanced and needed adjusting. Wrong Fel seems to be a better alternative. I wonder how long it will be before it's so crowded that there is a diminishing return on your time.
Alibaster in game!!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Alibaster wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:38 pm
I have to admit I enjoyed the Balron train while it lasted. Took me a little more then 3 hits to kill them but I still got it done. I can see how it was unbalanced and needed adjusting. Wrong Fel seems to be a better alternative. I wonder how long it will be before it's so crowded that there is a diminishing return on your time.
There’s already regularly 2-3-4 players in there so that’s why it’s important to figure out other things that will be good money makers and maximize your gold loot. If there’s 3 players in wrong you’re only making 160-190k per hour in there.