Weapon Type Change Deed

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Dauntius
Passer by

Weapon Type Change Deed

Post by Dauntius »

I tried to search but mostly found relayer info.
I'm trying to understand Weapon Type Change Deed.
Rewards page says:
"Allows you to change a weapon to another type of weapon. The base weapon will acquire the weapon specials of the selected weapon type. All stats from the original weapon will carry over. "

So will this combine both weapon's stats?
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Re: Weapon Type Change Deed

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

The weapon specials are the two statements on the bottom that are particular to the type of weapon like "Whirlwind" or "Double Shot". The stats are things like +5 strength, spell channeling, essentially all the stuff on the top. When you type change your weapon you keep everything on the existing weapon but you change the appearance and those two Special Abilities to the that of the new one.

Hopefully that makes the mud a little more clear!
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Dauntius
Passer by

Post by Dauntius »

Got it - Thanks!
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

ButteryBiscuits wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:23 am
The weapon specials are the two statements on the bottom that are particular to the type of weapon like "Whirlwind" or "Double Shot". The stats are things like +5 strength, spell channeling, essentially all the stuff on the top. When you type change your weapon you keep everything on the existing weapon but you change the appearance and those two Special Abilities to the that of the new one.
Something I would add to this is that it is not just the specials that change. The important part is that it is as if the weapon type is that of the other weapon. For example going from a 1 handed club to a yumi. It will be two handed (unless you used a relayer deed previously to make whatever weapon 1 handed), it will be able to shoot arrows, it will have base damage of a yumi instead of a club. It will have the specials of a yumi instead of a club. All of the stats, I call them attributes or properties, like Buttery said will remain the same.

If I were to try to take a stab at the values that could change, the important ones would at least be:
weapon damage, weapon speed, handedness, skill, and abilities.

The deed does not have you target a weapon (except for the 2 Halloween weapons). Using the deed will open a gump that asks what weapon type you want to chose. If you were to craft that weapon type (without runic tools), the damage, speed, handedness, skill and abilities of the weapon would be the same. The damage type (Physical Damage 100%) and name of the weapon will not change. I am not sure about the strength requirement.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

And on the Halloween weapons, sadly the cleaver has completely blank base damage and is unusable. Well technically U can use it, but it does very low DMG. Which really sucks because it has lovely graphics. I know of at least one lucky player who had theirs manually changed by a past GM before they were added to the Gump system, theirs retained their Warhammer base DMG and specials, while taking on the lovely new graphic. Sadly that isn't available to us now.

Pretty sure everyone would love it if the base DMG of the cleaver got bumped a bit, doesn't need to be as high as the dreadnought longsword, but comparable to a Warhammer or even double axe would at least make them usable. As they stand now, they're just a deco item.
JOHNNY WARREN!