Transforming Coords into Latitude/Longitude ?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Transforming Coords into Latitude/Longitude ?

Post by Reskal »

When doing MiBs i use UOAM and the "Go to location"-function to locate the MiB. The MiB itself ingame is printed out in coords, and in the UOAM-menu you have the possibility to enter Latitude and Longitude, which is only 2 numbers, instead of 4 numbers and 2 letters(N,W,S or E), so it would be easier just to enter Lat- and Longitude.

My Question is: Is there a way to "decode" coords into Latitude and Longitude, so i can just enter those in the "go to location"-function of UOAM, instead of the long coords ?
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Re: Transforming Coords into Latitude/Longitude ?

Post by arrow »

Easiest thing to do is get yourself a Big Book of Deep Sea Reclamation and it pretty much saves you all that trouble!
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

Can you explain what this book does and where to get it(if this is not an april joke) ?
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

its not a joke, full name of book is ''Big Book of Adventurous Treasure Hunting and Deep Sea Relic Reclamation'' its made with inscription. needs some nasty resources and have nice chance to fail on crafting.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

Found it via Vendor search, and phew ! 4.9 mills or 99 ED, salty !

Thanks for the info, guess i have to safe some money;)

Btw, can you explain a bit, what exactly this tool does ? Found no Info in the net
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Reskal wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:22 pm
Found it via Vendor search, and phew ! 4.9 mills or 99 ED, salty !

Thanks for the info, guess i have to safe some money;)

Btw, can you explain a bit, what exactly this tool does ? Found no Info in the net
If you played game, ''Hot, Cold'' in childhood, basically it does same but with coordinate numbers. It shows how far you are from t-maps and sos's, when you will be enough close (about 100 coordinate points) you will be able to track it and see arrow showing exact location. Yeah, its so much cause resources of crafting includes ancient sos and infernal tmap, with chance to lose them if fail. Also it simply saves a lot of space, cause keeps those maps inside :D
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

So...when i have say 50 t-maps in this b ook and 30 mibs and just go sailing..as soon i get in range to one of the mibs or t-maps, i get a signal pointing me towards ?
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

No, it automatically shows you like the 10 closest tmap/mib/stash. By going in one direction or the other the distance to closest changes so you can discern which way to go. Then when you get within a certain range you can hit the exact location button (this depends on tracking skill) and arrow pops up leading you right to the spot. (BTW I craft these for free if you have the mats @ 100% no fail)
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

You can also just install UO Auto Map, then right-click on the map and do "Go to Location" and type in either the X, Y coords or the sextant values and it'll show you exactly where it's at. You can then right-click on that position and click "Drop/Pickup Marker" and it'll show you a bee-line to that spot and gives occasional updates in the client.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Eremite wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:11 am
You can also just install UO Auto Map, then right-click on the map and do "Go to Location" and type in either the X, Y coords or the sextant values and it'll show you exactly where it's at. You can then right-click on that position and click "Drop/Pickup Marker" and it'll show you a bee-line to that spot and gives occasional updates in the client.
Same thing applies to UO Orion. Right click in the map and select "walk to". Enter your x, y cords or sextant values to see where you are going.
Alibaster in game!!
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

Thanks for the infos, meanwhile i bought the device, saw arrow's offer to late :wink:
It's great for to find which map or mib is the closest actually but the mentioning of UO Orion makes me curious, will check that out too.