Bags of holding

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Bags of holding

Post by nocturne7saint »

So, I am thinking of donating so I can get the largest size bag of holding.

I don't know much about them, or how exactly they work, or what they can do.

What can i put into them without worrying about the item disappearing on me?
And what items can i NOT put into them?

does weight from items inside the bag of holding count?
can i put bags of sending into a bag of holding without issues?

any and all information you can think of concerning bags of holding would be highly appreciated.
thanks
blackstone
blackstone from the ILV guild
Carpetbagger
Passer by

Re: Bags of holding

Post by Carpetbagger »

No issues with the bag that I know of. It still counts the items in the bag towards your overall backpack item capacity, but none of the items in the bag count toward your overall weight.

Items stack up to 60k on the shard. So a HBOH which holds 40 items, could hold 40 stacks of ore, and you would never notice because your overall weight wouldn't change. Honestly you want to put your heaviest items in the HBOH. I carry a stack of bandages, a stack of arrows, and all the gold and reagents I scoop up go in there. You can use it however you like, but since it reduces item weight to zero, that's the most common use for it. (carrying heavy things / huge item stacks)
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

getting the Huge bag of holding is probably the biggest game changer for this game. Most people say first relayer or even 220 dex. both are important but the bag, for me, was the biggest change. Aside from what is posted, anything placed in the bag will stay with you after resurrection.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

get largest (Huge) Bag of Holding if you can afford it.

after obtaining HBoH next money spend on deeds (ED room) for extending max weight and max number of items in your main backpack.

It is much easier to sort/auto-loot if you bag can hold 400+ items not 125 :-)

Do not forget, that it is much cheaper to have also a Bag of Resources. It weights always 100 stones.
it can hold any raw resource ore/logs but not planks or ingots ... works great for raw hides when you skin dragons in Fel. they are heavy.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

I saved up and got a HBoH before pretty much anything else. I bought some backpack upgrades first to make farming easier and got a rideable animal that I could dump gold into while farming stuff.

My recommendation is to get yourself all of the resource keys: Metal, Reagents, Cloth, Woodworker, Gem Pouch, Tool House
You can macro adding resources to these automatically and pop that macro when your weight/items get high. I tend to just [claimall everything, then pop a recycling macro to sort, chop/smelt, use keys, etc. If you need an idea of how to do that, I have my UO Steam macro posted [here on GitHub](https://github.com/Erumite/UOEX-Macros/ ... ipt.groovy).

Feels really good to be at max weight, then pop that macro and have it completely empty my pack and set my weight back down to baseline. :D

Once that's all sorted, the only real thing causing your weight/items to go up is gold. The HBoH helps a ton with that as I just have it move all gold into it to drop the weight. I also move some heavier items into them while I'm going about my business (leather, arrows, etc) and then my recycle script will add them to keys later. You have 40 slots to work with so it's good parking for temp items until you can key them. :D

Another benefit is you can just run around with 60K arrows and 60K bandages and 60K lockpicks with no weight, plus you keep them if you die - no more restocking when you get low.

After that, the only other thing I know of that can help with weight is the Excelsior Sandals that are -100 weight to your pack, but that's probably lowest priority. Once you have all that, you can farm for ages without having to go dump gold, etc.

My only real weight problems now come from scrolls, which I like to keep as they sell for a decent amount - by the time I hit like 300 weight in my sell bag (mostly scrolls), I can go dump them for a bonus ~10K gold. If I'm out farming and don't want to go back, I can just hit a dump organizer agent to move them all into my trash 4 tokens bag to delete them.