advice on relayers

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

advice on relayers

Post by nocturne7saint »

So I got my hands on a Sop.
I get the idea that this item is very valuable depending on circumstances .

so what items do i need to get the best out of this item?
I heard some use relayer deeds on it.

how exactly do you suggest i enhance this item to get the best possible outcome of coming across it?
Last edited by nocturne7saint on Thu May 18, 2023 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blackstone from the ILV guild
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Re: Sword of Prosperity

Post by Cerrera »

Yeah they has fc and luck, would cost pretty nice amount of points, if being added in such quantity . but levelling it without type changing is tortue, so if you want lvl up some cheap sops, suggest to make them after you already have 2 or 3 relayers on you.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Cerrera wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:55 pm
Yeah they has fc and luck, would cost pretty nice amount of points, if being added in such quantity . but levelling it without type changing is tortue, so if you want lvl up some cheap sops, suggest to make them after you already have 2 or 3 relayers on you.
how does all this work? how do relayers work? do i need a leveling deed? I need all the information about this process i can get.
I ask lots of questions cause the more i understand things the better :P
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

nocturne7saint wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:50 pm
Cerrera wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:55 pm
how does all this work? how do relayers work? do i need a leveling deed? I need all the information about this process i can get.
I ask lots of questions cause the more i understand things the better :P
I'm going to guess most of your answers can be answered here. Lots of information about levelable weapons, and setting up relayers:

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Relayer

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Levelable_Weapons

https://uoex.net/wiki/Combat_Focus_Guide
IGN: Edwin Roach
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

So what do people relayer a sword of prosperity to? and what perks do they add when leveling it?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

There's a section called "getting started" on the first link he gave you. It answers your question.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

So I get that you choose an item to relayer onto.

for example you layer a spirit of the totem on a kilt, if the kilt has stats, do you keep the stats on the kilt and the spirit of the totem as well when you relayer the spirit of the totem on top of it? in other words, do you keep the stats of both items?
Wil wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:16 pm
There's a section called "getting started" on the first link he gave you. It answers your question.
I looked, still not sure what you would relayer it onto, what stats would you want to add to a sword of prosperity with a leveling deed?do leveling deeds on weapons only have damage stats like hit lightning? I don't see how that would be usefull on a back peice or other layer.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

You do not get both stats, just the stats on the item you are relayering. So I’m your example, the Spirit of the Totem overrides the kilt. What you can do is level up an item like Swords of Prosperity and spend the points to increase your Str/Dex/Int or add more hit points. You can add resistances as well as other non-combat related bonuses. Having relayers on your character helps you get stronger to survive tougher battles. It can also help you get to 220 dex which is a game changer.
Alibaster in game!!
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

lets say I have a blessed SOP, if i relayer that onto a kilt or something, does it stay blessed?
Cezzar
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Cezzar »

nocturne7saint wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:32 pm
lets say I have a blessed SOP, if i relayer that onto a kilt or something, does it stay blessed?
yes
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Re: Sword of Prosperity/Relayers

Post by nocturne7saint »

So on the subject of relayers, what are some good choices for relayers?
on a cape and kilt? what are all the non armor clothing slots that can be used with relayers?
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Cape slot, count is already busy. If you are new Account, after reaching 21 days, you can start Mistvale https://uoex.net/wiki/Mistvale cloak, and sash will be wearable after reaching 6 months. shirt and kilt (of course cloak also if you cannot fill Mistvale quests anymore) are those which doesn't have much stats as items so offered as best for first relayers. All slots can be used as relayers, just sequence of how you make them, makes your game easyer. So start changing them, with worst things you have or can have (from obtainable items) dressed up. For first ones guessing would be good something what has resistances at least 3x10+ and some other initial stats. Not crafted and not with arty tag of course if you don't want to take off arty tag with weapon type changing deed. You can count all initial stats in points, you can save, to reach max capped stats. uncapped ones is those you want to add on every relayer, than leftover stays for capped ones, of course you don't want to spend points on those which can be added with deeds also. So make some plan, what you have, what you need and what is capped and all should be fine.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I don't mean to change the topic here but just checking to see if you already own a huge bag of holding. IF not, that should be the higher priority...my opinion
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Zanzi wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:02 am
I don't mean to change the topic here but just checking to see if you already own a huge bag of holding. IF not, that should be the higher priority...my opinion
yeah i have a huge bag of holding. i autoloot my gold in there, keep my bandies, bag of sending, arrows, and profession keys inside.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

With relayers, early game might be best to get a few resist relayers. SOPs are nice due to the FC1. The 200 luck is just icing on the cake. You are not going to notice that. But the points you gained from FC1 compared to possible resist from 3x12 or 4x14 resist based weapon is less. Most resist relayers or SOPs eventually will be replaced by BCs or higher. So if you are patient, can go directly to BCs and save you gold in long run.