advice on relayers

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Re: Sword of Prosperity/Relayers

Post by nocturne7saint »

Zanzi wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:34 pm
With relayers, early game might be best to get a few resist relayers. SOPs are nice due to the FC1. The 200 luck is just icing on the cake. You are not going to notice that. But the points you gained from FC1 compared to possible resist from 3x12 or 4x14 resist based weapon is less. Most resist relayers or SOPs eventually will be replaced by BCs or higher. So if you are patient, can go directly to BCs and save you gold in long run.
so what is a bc? bone crusher? and what stats would you be leveling up on a bone crusher? reason i made this thread is cause i have a sword of prosperity, trying to figure out what to do with it to get the best out of it, what do most people level up for a SOP? are resists going to be my best bet? or should i add str and dex?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Yes BC=Bone Crusher. Without any relayer, anything will make a huge difference. In general, most people will add all the stats to their first relayer (str, dex, int, mana, regen, etc..). But later on most will for sure add spell damage increase, reflect physical damage, and strength. For me personally, I wished I knew I would be playing UO as long as I did. I would have save my gold for BC or better. I pretty much relayed almost every slot before starting to change over to BC or better STR relayers. If you don't care and want the best starting relayer, I still feel very strongly a high resist weapon base is best. Alot of ppl, including on my vendor sell these pretty cheap. I think if you shop, you can probably get a 3x14 resist (try to stay away from physical resits) for 100-200k. and try to find the weapon that is easy to level. Back to your question on SOP. just level and add all the char stats and regen.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

If you are unsure what stats to put on the item, you could just level it up and spend the points when you’re done. This would give you time to do more research while leveling the item.
Alibaster in game!!
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Zanzi wrote:
With relayers, early game might be best to get a few resist relayers. SOPs are nice due to the FC1. The 200 luck is just icing on the cake. You are not going to notice that. But the points you gained from FC1 compared to possible resist from 3x12 or 4x14 resist based weapon is less. Most resist relayers or SOPs eventually will be replaced by BCs or higher. So if you are patient, can go directly to BCs and save you gold in long run.
so what are the weapon abilities for bone crushers? how easy are they to level? and how much ED or gold do they usually sell for? and if i want to farm for one, where do i go? gauntlet?

and would i be better off in the long run buying a level 100 bc with no points spent?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

nocturne7saint wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:13 pm
Zanzi wrote:
so what are the weapon abilities for bone crushers? how easy are they to level? and how much ED or gold do they usually sell for? and if i want to farm for one, where do i go? gauntlet?

and would i be better off in the long run buying a level 100 bc with no points spent?
Several Vendors have Bone Crushers for sale both leveled and unleveled. Us the vendor portal to see who has what and check out their prices. You can also see the stats there too

https://vendors.uoex.net/

The Gauntlet is where you farm one. In order to level the weapon you have to remove the Artifact tag which can be done by buying a weapon change deed for 200ED and changing it to another weapon type, usually one with Whirl Wind so you can level faster. This will be on top of what you pay unless the seller has already taken care of it.

Good luck
Alibaster in game!!