end game yumi

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

end game yumi

Post by nocturne7saint »

So it seems to me that yumi is the best choice for end game single target dps.

What stats am i going to want on a found yumi? triple leach?

also how much is a good found yumi without a leveling deed on it?
also when is slap a leveling deed on it, what am i going to want on it?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Re: end game yumi

Post by Alibaster »

I personally didn't start with a Yumi. I started with a looted weapon, leveled it up and then changed it to a Yumi. Yumi's are only player made items so when you level them you only get 3 points per level. A looted weapon gets 5 points per level. It costs more EDs to convert it after leveling but it gives you a more powerful weapon. I suggest starting with a base weapon that already has some of the stats you want like a 4 x 46% which is 46% in 4 of the properties you want. The higher the combo (4x46, 3x46, 3x38, etc) the more it costs. The holy grail is a good 4 x 58% but those are rare and expensive to buy.
Alibaster in game!!
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Alibaster wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:40 am
I personally didn't start with a Yumi. I started with a looted weapon, leveled it up and then changed it to a Yumi. Yumi's are only player made items so when you level them you only get 3 points per level. A looted weapon gets 5 points per level. It costs more EDs to convert it after leveling but it gives you a more powerful weapon. I suggest starting with a base weapon that already has some of the stats you want like a 4 x 46% which is 46% in 4 of the properties you want. The higher the combo (4x46, 3x46, 3x38, etc) the more it costs. The holy grail is a good 4 x 58% but those are rare and expensive to buy.
how much do 4x46 items run? and what stats am i going to want for single target?
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Really depend on how much you want to spend if you really want end game. I think most people will say using ancient composite bow as a base is almost top end game. It used to be end game until someone is now trying to build a 9x60 or something ridiculous like that.

But if you are looking at a 4x46 (assuming HML, HLD, direct spell hit, and HLL or something like that), I have seen base weapon as low as 1m to as high as 100ED.
vempa
Journeyman Scribe

Post by vempa »

I got my 4x46 for 100ED.
Harm, Life, Mana and Stamina leech on a Cutlass.
Makes for a pretty decent weapon.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-04-22 23-47-20.png
Screenshot from 2023-04-22 23-47-20.png (146.53 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

so am i better off holding out for a 4x46 and level deeding it, or crafting a petrified yumi and level deeding it?
vempa
Journeyman Scribe

Post by vempa »

In, short, I'd say yes;

Considering crafted ones gain only 3pts/lvl, it'd have to be an exceedingly good crafted one to be worth consideration, IMO (something like 4x58, if even possible).

In all probability, you're better off buying a looted 4x46 or similar.
I wouldn't cheap out on a base weapon- a difference of 100ED here and there can be the difference between decent/good & great.

That's my 2 cents on it but I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination/
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

My advice, and I am speaking from experience here. Use a Crafted Yumi, for as long as you can. Save those EDs for something like a Relayer or 2, before you worry to much about a Weapon Changed Yumi. Also, make that Crafted Yumi out of bamboo. (Makes it 100% energy damage base, instead of physical.) It helps conserve mana from having to have Consecrate Weapon running. (85% of all monsters on this server, have Energy resistance as there biggest, or next to biggest resistance weakness.) I typically play a mage, but I some times take out a Bamboo Yumi, with 50% Hit Lit, 50% Hit FB, 50% Hit HLA, 59% Hit Mana Leech, 30% SSI, and 20% SDI... I can rampage mindlessly through dungeons, and slaughter Balron in seconds with it. (I like to play different roles at times.. I might make a good Fencing Weapon for fun as well.)

You can increase the effectiveness of any ranged weapon by using Bushido, and "Momentum Strike" to hit 2 targets at the same time. (If you did not know about it, you do now.)

Get at least 2-3 relayers and a HBoH first. That way you can work on getting a 3x58% base weapon, or even a 4x58% base from holding out.. worth it in the long run.