black belt fight

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Re: black belt fight

Post by Geriatric »

you always take every correction as some great big personal attack against you and your character
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Close, but no cigar Geriatric, read all of it. :wink: Not just what I wrote, but what "he" wrote, as well.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Geriatric wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:36 pm
many new players come here expecting to be able to recapture some of the character templates they used to play "back in the day"
but the mechanics of this server really just doesnt allow for it
Great point you nailed it!

UOEX is higly customized. It's not OSI. Its "flavor" promotes in some way the long term planning typical of powerplayer's mindset (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... owerPlayer). To do so you need to know the best known path. It's not as simple as people think. The process needed to figure out a way to build a char able to tackle any situation takes a lot of time, thousand hours of gameplay from great players sharing their discoveries with the community through the years. Not so on UOEX, but on every single MMO on this world, if you don't you will be excluded by the players, unhappy to carry a burden, or by the content (because you are unable to face a specific situation).

You can build a strong char the way great players figured out in the past, then if you want to be "different" just switch to an alternative set of macro and/or spells. If you want to be original (be careful I said original not "different", this is on another level) you need to bring something totally new that makes your build better than every build ever made.

A great guide to start is the Devlin's "How to Be Awesome" Guide:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3778&p=24225&hilit=awesome#p24225

That was my starting point 3 years ago.

EDIT: fixed quotes, typo.
The Skilled Image.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

I'm starting to power through the content. No one carries me, I carry my own weight. So I'm no burden. (No one helps me with a thing. I still get what I need done.) The more I show I can do the content, and play my own way, the less I'm being Excluded. So I guess for most people, what you are saying is true. Not so much with me. However, you will never agree with anything I say, because you will always believe your self to be correct. (That's arrogance and lack a of intelligence on you're part..) Even when someone can prove you wrong. Which tells me, to not take you, or your boyfriend Geriatric, serious.

:lool:

By the way, regurgitation of a method you did not come up with, does not make you smart. It only means you know how to read. So slap down as many websites as you can to make you're point that you want.. It does not change the fact, that you do not think for you're self. You let others do it for you. By that understanding, you cannot call out anyone else, and how they conduct them selves. You read some thing, you chose to take it on as 100% truth. So now anyone who disagrees with you, is not as smart as you. (Again, that is arrogance, and a lack of intelligence on your part.) I beat the Black Belt Master without having to refer to you for help. I'm very sure others can do the same. Lets just hope you don't go nuts because they didn't do it the way you've studied.

Yes, this is not OSI, but its also just a game. Preference of pace, and methodology, is no ones business but their own. Being mad at them for having there own ideas, even if you deem them less worthy, is where you are toxic. I guarantee, if you left the game, in a year, no one would be talking about you.. but if I left the game, in a year, my name would still come up.. Why? Simple.. I don't follow the pack. I'm personally tired of people who follow someone else, then think highly of them selves.. and then want respect when they spit on others. The only thing you don't like about me Turnabout, is that I spit back...

Now go ahead, throw up more websites.. to show, you are using someone else's work to gain clout.. I'm out, I'm done arguing with an idiot.

:dance
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Dirtybook wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:04 pm
I'm starting to power through the content. No one carries me, I carry my own weight. So I'm no burden. (No one helps me with a thing. I still get what I need done.) The more I show I can do the content, and play my own way, the less I'm being Excluded. So I guess for most people, what you are saying is true. Not so much with me. However, you will never agree with anything I say, because you will always believe your self to be correct. (That's arrogance and lack a of intelligence on you're part..) Even when someone can prove you wrong. Which tells me, to not take you, or your boyfriend Geriatric, serious.

:lool:

By the way, regurgitation of a method you did not come up with, does not make you smart. It only means you know how to read. So slap down as many websites as you can to make you're point that you want.. It does not change the fact, that you do not think for you're self. You let others do it for you. By that understanding, you cannot call out anyone else, and how they conduct them selves. You read some thing, you chose to take it on as 100% truth. So now anyone who disagrees with you, is not as smart as you. (Again, that is arrogance, and a lack of intelligence on your part.) I beat the Black Belt Master without having to refer to you for help. I'm very sure others can do the same. Lets just hope you don't go nuts because they didn't do it the way you've studied.

Yes, this is not OSI, but its also just a game. Preference of pace, and methodology, is no ones business but their own. Being mad at them for having there own ideas, even if you deem them less worthy, is where you are toxic. I guarantee, if you left the game, in a year, no one would be talking about you.. but if I left the game, in a year, my name would still come up.. Why? Simple.. I don't follow the pack. I'm personally tired of people who follow someone else, then think highly of them selves.. and then want respect when they spit on others. The only thing you don't like about me Turnabout, is that I spit back...

Now go ahead, throw up more websites.. to show, you are using someone else's work to gain clout.. I'm out, I'm done arguing with an idiot.

:dance
This is the "help and players guide", people here want to understand the easyest way to achieve their goals, they are not in search of an ineffective and frustrating gameplay from a casual player.

Looking at the amount of insults and wrong suggestions you do on this forum and in WC the best advice I can give to you is to search for professional help, because your narcisism will always fight against your inferiority complex leading you to a miserable existence.

Sorry.
The Skilled Image.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Hey people, do you have reserve mouse's i think that real gamer always has some reserve mouse in its home.
Btw this can also help to win black belt sensei, in certain situation. :goodsuprise:
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Cerrera wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:32 pm
Hey people, do you have reserve mouse's i think that real gamer always has some reserve mouse in its home.
Btw this can also help to win black belt sensei, in certain situation. :goodsuprise:
[sarcasm on]
IDK, but because of my lack of intelligence I was able to figure out how to do the fight MOUNTED, with 0 relayers and without 220 dex in my first 6 months of play, 3 years ago, with 150 HP, without any guide. Pyrrulyxia: was able to get it done only after the second relayer and he needed a lot more than 6 months. It's obvious: we should rely on the guide he didn't posted and trust his bias.

Of course his adaptability to the environment, his problem solving ability, his intuition, the way he can do the job fast and effortlessly, his reading skill, his love for knowledge, his charisma and so on... show us a presence of a superior intelligence. He's a freaking genius. Don't forget his humility and kindness. He's a perfect example of what in some circles of gentlemen is called sprezzatura.
[/sarcasm off]

EDIT: typo.
The Skilled Image.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Like I have said. People play with different methods, and different paces. Some people have been holding the "Brown Belt" for a year or more, and have yet to beat the Black Belt Master, even "With" you're advice. Fact is Turnabout, you believe you're self to be the "Best". Good for you, here is you're cookie and confetti. :lol: Playing the exact same why you suggest, and throwing websites up for, is "Boring". Not everyone can take the exact same information, and have the exact same results. If they did, everyone would be carrying your same gear, and arrogance. However, you insulting my slower game play, is the same as insulting others that still play slower than you, who use your advice on how to play. (Magical, isn't it?)

And yes, you do focus way more of your play time trying to be the "Best". Which is fine if you want to play that way. I only play for "Fun". I suggest to a lot of people to do the same, play for fun. Anyone can get onto a game with the intention of being the best (And fast track through donation, as you proudly admitted to in the past.), but most of us don't care to push in that direction. Yup, I had 2 relayers, but I also didn't enter on a mount (Again, I assumed you couldn't. Not a crime to not know something.), I was on foot, and had 141 Dex. So what? That does show I can do things the "Hard Way", and still achieve the goal (The corner stone of higher learning.), which does take more intelligence than to ride on the coat tails of others. I could play the way that you do. But the game would lose it's fun factor, and get dull really fast. I see 220 Dex game play, with stepping around the rules of a boss fight (Meaning entering on a mount. An oversite by +C.), tedious and boring. (Other people have mentioned the game is way less fun when you don't have to worry about death at champ spawns, due to running to get 220 Dex first.)

Face it Turnabout.. you've lost. So go ahead, keep trying to turn it around on me.. you will never make me humble.. but perhaps for you, that is a better use of you're time. You're way to involved with how great you are on this game. Nobody cares.. you're basic. I still hold firm, you're life is spent on this game. If you're so superiorly intelligent, you wouldn't waste you're time here, by any stretch of the imagination. :roll:

So in a show on friendly understanding, I will let you rant for the rest of this Forum Thread, and not bother responding. You will go back to your hole eventually, waiting for someone else to chastise for not being as good, and worthy, as you believe you're self to be. Responding to you, makes me dumber for having listened to you. So I won't continue to respond. However, I am glad you're feeling provoked, and using big words like narcissist and all.. but you're way off the mark. Maybe some day, you will see how arrogant you are, and work toward fixing it. (One can only hope.)

"Arrivederci" :lol:
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Dirtybook wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 12:46 am
bla blablablabla blabla more blabla
Obviously i didn' t read your redundant amount of nonsenses.

Where is your in depth guide to black belt? People don't care about you. They're only searching for help.
The Skilled Image.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i dont give you crap for playing a mage, i actually commend you for it, it takes quite a bit of discipline to use an inferior playstyle

i only give you crap when you try to give advice, that advice turns out to be wrong, and rather than just admit that your wrong and go about your day, you need to launch personal attacks

i dont even care when the advice you give is wrong
its only that you launch into a tirade of personal attacks when someone else points it out

you cant handle being wrong, and thats just really sad and pathetic
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

Nalo
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Nalo »

Eremite wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:20 pm
Pretty much sums it up. Bickering like children on a forum for a nearly 30 year old dead game