black belt fight

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

black belt fight

Post by nocturne7saint »

So A few more belts I will be at the black belt fight. I heard some conversation saying that he does 200 damage a hit with full 70 resists.

i have 130-150 hp, so I won't be able to kill him with my current gear.
i have 215 dex but not enough hit points to even attempt the fight.

what are some suggestions for getting more hp to be able to tank the fight?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Re: black belt fight

Post by Cerrera »

What can i say, Patience is my suggestion, it will take time to farm for/or better gear and stat scrolls from harrower + ed room for individuals, its a boss where you need to do some preparations, to make as much you can, in a short time, so gaining hp's don't forget about hci,sdi,di and mana regens.
Also some research in our wiki and other sources as uoguide (thats place where you can get much info about non custom things) will let you choose optimal way.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Two things that will definitely help you here are angel form (spell angelic faith details on this page: https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Spells)

And also greater strength potions.

If your current dex is 215 without using angelic faith spell, using it will put you at inst heal, and will give you a significant buff to your HP.

If you have any enhance potions% on your gear, it's really going to make a difference to how much HP these potions are going to add. It won't really give you much more damage output, but it will increase your survivability.

You should be aware though that if you aren't doing enough damage early on in the fight, I think it boots you out to save you wasting time on getting no-where near killing him in the time limit, so need to make sure you have a decent weapon with spell hits and SDI etc to keep the damage output up, and MR/leech to make sure yo ucan sustain this through the fight.

Good luck, the dragon on the red belt quest is also very tough.
In game name: Abarai
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

if you need help killing the red dragon ask in WC or DM me... most vets are willing to run out and help someoen with that fight though... there is some satifaction in soloing it. its breath attack id pretty strong (1500+) while it is at full HP.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

1 - You need to be mounted on a ethereal statuette (ED room/Trinsic token stone/Veteran reward/Interred grizzle drop) and kite. Ethereal mounts are allowed, but you need to start the fight mounted, if you get dismounted you can't mount again while inside. This way you can end the fight with 0 damage received.

2 - forget 220 dex. Stack SDI (GoC/Jewels), SSI (headband of power 30% / crafted yumi 20-30% ) and strength. You need dex just to reach the top atk speed (one atk every 1.25 seconds) if SSI is not enough. Stack hit chance increase (headband of power 12% / yumi 9-14% / jewels 10-13% ).

3 - stack Damage increase from gear to 100% (weapon 35%+ exceptional crafted yumi / jewels 20-25% / Headband of p. 15%).

4 - raise Tactics/Anatomy/Archery to 130 with essence (cheap on [exex). First two add dmg, archery improves the chance to hit with ranged weapons.

5 - The best damage is fire, my advice is to use a level 100 exceptional(+20% base dmg) yumi with fireball/lightning at max (60%), mana leech 50%, hit lower defense 35-50%. This is the scenario of a yumi with top stats, a 50hfb/50hl 50hml 40hld is more realistic.

6 - mandatory: keep sensei always under Corpse Skin (necromancy) to lower his fire defense. If you have max karma the effect lasts for nearly 40 seconds.

7 - you need a regular atk macro with consecrate weapon and Divine Fury to keep stamina high or your attack speed will go down. Use Enemy of One (chivalry). Obviously double shot!

With this conf. I was able to kill him with 4 GoC pieces and 0 relayers.

Extra:

If you want to search for items on vendors the advanced search can help you. Below you can find a pair strings searches to find the weapon and the jewels with the needed stats. Don't forget to select "Advanced" on the menu before you query the database.

Yumi:

Code: Select all

name contains yumi and props contains "exceptional" and ( props contains "fireball" or props contains "hit lightning" ) and props contains "mana leech" and props contains "lower defense"
Jewels:

Code: Select all

props contains "damage increase" and ( name contains "ring" or name contains "bracelet" ) and name notcontains thundering
External links:

https://vendors.uoex.net/ (Thanks Temoc).

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/The_Mage%27s_ ... uest_(GoC)

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Stat_Caps

https://www.uoguide.com/Damage_Calculations

EDIT: added double shot, added stat caps external link, fixed jewels SSI, changed HMA to HL as needed dmg on weapon.
Last edited by Turnabout on Thu May 04, 2023 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Skilled Image.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

You can't use a Ethy during the Black Belt fight. (Just got the belt, and it wouldn't allow for it.)

Also, for those that don't know about it. You can single click the fight crystal, and choose to leave. This will allow you to reset it faster. It also allows you to "pick" your black belt master. (It's stats, fighting skills, and resistances change with every exit and immediate restart.) You can restart until you get the one with lower attack skill and damage, as well as resistance to damage.

Simply put, you can keep restarting till you get the weakest version. Also, the invisibility spell works in there, as does summons. (But, you still can't summon a Ethy. I believe this change has been fairly recent.) Summoning a Revenant on him during the early part of the fight, up till you have taken at least 40% of his health, makes it much easier to keep your Corpse Skin on him, and get some free shots without having to run too often, bringing your chances of beating him up.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Dirtybook wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:19 am
You can't use a Ethy during the Black Belt fight. (Just got the belt, and it wouldn't allow for it.)
Sorry but you are plain wrong.

You can enter with ethereal mounts. Here the proofs...

A video of my char entering with an ethereal statuette (veteran reward):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UInnjNJQsjo

The image while inside mounted on my centaur. Look at the timestamp:
sensei_timestamp.jpg
sensei_timestamp.jpg (409.16 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
Everything I said in my first post is valid.

Regards.

EDIT: typo correction.
The Skilled Image.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Ahh.. you can "Enter" on a mount.. this was information I was not aware of. I was under the impression you would not be allowed a mount. If I had known this, the fight would have been over a lot sooner for me with the Black Belt Master. I fought him the hard way.. on foot. Oh well.

Looks like +C didn't account for that loophole, of "Entering" with a mount. But hey, you live your life on this game, and I don't, so you would know better.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Dirtybook wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:19 pm
Ahh.. you can "Enter" on a mount.. this was information I was not aware of. I was under the impression you would not be allowed a mount. If I had known this, the fight would have been over a lot sooner for me with the Black Belt Master. I fought him the hard way.. on foot. Oh well.

Looks like +C didn't account for that loophole, of "Entering" with a mount. But hey, you live your life on this game, and I don't, so you would know better.
had to get in a cheap of "you live your life in this game" didn't you
when someone pointed out you were wrong

why couldnt you just accept you were wrong ?
why did you need to attack him personally
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Personally, he could have just went "Hey, you can 'enter' on a mount, here is the picture to prove it." and it would have been fine. But calling me out as just plain wrong, then making a video, and taking a "Everything I say is right" stance, is passive aggressive.. so, yeh, I came back in the same manner.. So what? Whatcha gonna do Geriatric? Judge me? Be disappointed in me? ... Heaven forbid.. :roll:

Many of you talk about tact, yet you have none. So telling me to have "Humility", just doesn't fly... Have a nice day.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Dirtybook wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:56 am
Personally, he could have just went "Hey, you can 'enter' on a mount, here is the picture to prove it." and it would have been fine. But calling me out as just plain wrong, then making a video, and taking a "Everything I say is right" stance, is passive aggressive.. so, yeh, I came back in the same manner.. So what? Whatcha gonna do Geriatric? Judge me? Be disappointed in me? ... Heaven forbid.. :roll:

Many of you talk about tact, yet you have none. So telling me to have "Humility", just doesn't fly... Have a nice day.
The problem is that you don't know how to play and you insist giving wrong advices, potentially harming people. In fact IDK if you are inside the Dunning–Kruger effect group or if you are intentionally malicious towards young players. What I know is that you are plain wrong and that people should avoid your biased opinions.
The Skilled Image.
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Again, more aggression from you Turnabout.. being wrong is not a crime.. I was not aware you could enter "ON" a mount, as you cannot summon a Ethy during the fight.. so I assumed it was a crossed the board, as well as entering. I don't care how special you "Think" you are Turnabout. Being a jerk, does not make you more powerful, or important. Having the less than perfect information about a subject, should not open "anyone" up for abuse. But apparently, you never learned that lesson in life. You are just a angry person.. that is "You're " cross to bare, not mine.

Making sure you publicly assault someone for something so small as not knowing 100% about every detail of something, many people are not aware of, just shows how ready you are to try to make your reputation look better, off the enforced humiliation of someone else. Grow up little man.. It's not working. The time for you to bully, is over. Start putting on "Big Boy Pants" and move on.

And by the way, if you're all over me, telling me I'm part of the "Dunning Kruger-effect", by not knowing a piece of information, that you did know.. Doesn't that mean you giving this information of entering the Black Belt Boss fight, on a mount, means your calling "everyone" who didn't know about it, stupid to? Hmmm.. who is part of the Dunning Kruger-effect now Turnabout? :?

Have a nice day. :lol:
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Now that I Think about it.. if you can enter on a Ethy to fight him.. can you also ride in on a maxed pet? Jump off it, and use it in the fight? Anybody tried that? :?:
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

I might as well address what you call "Biased Opinions".. Me telling people "You don't have to play in any specific way, and just play how you want.", is not Biased.. it's an "Option" of free will game play.. You, on the other hand, telling people there is only 1 way to play, is actually the biased opinion.. Telling people they cannot do something other than you're version of playing, is the damaging opinion.. many people have come and gone off of this server, due to that "Biased Opinion", that you and many others push. That is also called "Groupthink", where a group of people pushes their opinion onto others.. and if those people disagree in any way.. the group attacks, often mercilessly. This server, and many of its players, are no acceptation to that Groupthink mentality. You Turnabout, are a part of that malicious Groupthink mentality.

You, as well as many others, turned agents me, and other players, who wanted to go and play their own way. When it has nothing to do with you, at all. I have stayed. However, everyone I see who does "not" agree with playing a Paladin, with a Yumi, and a heavy Whirlwind weapon, are not welcomed to EX.. Rather, they are ran off, or socially ostracized, as well as shunned to make them feel unwelcomed enough to leave. (Happens a lot.) I have actually become quiet numb to the biased anger that you and many others hold for me.. I simply have been here long enough, to see it as mildly amusing. You remind me of a sad/angry clown to be honest. :lol:

Now, I'm not going to respond further to this.. but I will just end this with, "Grow up, be a man, and leave people alone. Their lives, do not need you're brand of forced management." Simply put.. if someone takes you're advice, then good! But, if they take mine and do it differently than you say they have to, then that's good to. Matter of fact, they don't have to take my advice verbatim either. Personally, I don't have time to be bothered with someone who cannot understand, that people have there own opinions, "and" minds.

You are not as smart, or clever as you think.. but, you know what? That's ok... Be well Turnabout. I have no harsh vibes over you're "Inane Musings". But do not call people stupid, by using the wording Dunning Kruger-effect, when you may in fact be part of it you're self. (Which you most certainly are.)

Now, I'm going to go play in my "Harmful" way.. (Yet, I still got my Black Belt, and I'm wearing it..) So say whatever you want, it does not matter, and you are not important.. You could stop playing "today", and no one would care.. especially me... Later dude! :lol:
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

Turnabout wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:56 pm
Dirtybook wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:19 am
Sorry but you are plain wrong.

You can enter with ethereal mounts. Here the proofs...

A video of my char entering with an ethereal statuette (veteran reward):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UInnjNJQsjo

The image while inside mounted on my centaur. Look at the timestamp:

Everything I said in my first post is valid.

Regards.

EDIT: typo correction.
that doesnt sound like he attacked you
he pointed out something you were wrong about, and you just couldn't handle it
btw we are all susceptible to the dunning-kruger effect and have probably made that same mistake with something in our lives

and even having a bit of a biased opinion isnt a problem.. thats why its an opinion
many new players come here expecting to be able to recapture some of the character templates they used to play "back in the day"
but the mechanics of this server really just doesnt allow for it
sure you can be a mage.. ive seen you sitting there chaincasting fireball and magic arrows
no mage back in the day ever played that way
the same way no chiv/warrior ever played the way it does now
and being a mage isnt as effective as a whirlwinding machine at taking down lots of mobs.. maybe with some earthquakes and meteor storms, but the mobs get alot more spread out