leveling weapons exp farming

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

leveling weapons exp farming

Post by nocturne7saint »

So right now I am trying to farm exp for my sword of prosperity. I have some mobs i farm gold from, that only give me 30 some exp per kill, but take a while to kill.

about the only place in fel i can hunt without getting swarmed is fel despise, and exp seems slow there because the spawns are slower than i would like.

Ive tried fel deciet, but i get killed every time on the way there through the sparkles, the mobs are just too tough for me. there are swarms of dragons and the odd balron on the way there, and i get body blocked and just die.

how much more exp do you get in fel than trammel and tokuno?
are there any places in trammel or tokuno that are easier to farm with a non whirl wind weapon, that give decent exp?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: leveling weapons exp farming

Post by Durocius »

Sounds like you are going through Terra Keep. A better route to Deciet for you is run/sail to Marble Island. Then run through Lost Lands to Terra Keep. Take the left sparkles at the NE end. That way drops you in Deciet at the lich room end. Even better is to sail to Ice Island and start at the easy end.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Another alternative route from forget. Not offering you going through moonglow, cause you need to go through portal in lost lands papua, its full with dragons and wyrms. In Vesper you will find some necromancers, but you can avoid also them, if using ship. (dont forget in game and uo maps sides is shifted by 45 degree, so what is right side on uo maps will be east in game) so follow compass :)
Attachments
alt route.jpg
alt route.jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
Dirtybook
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Dirtybook »

Easiest way to Deceit. Train up Hide and Stealth. Go through the sparkle that enters Terra Keep while hidden and sneaking. You can walk it from there, to the Deceit sparkle undetected. Just don't wear any plate, or studded armor pieces. If you are wearing a Jackal's Collar, take it off, it can cause you to come out of stealth. (If you don't have these skills, train them up. They can get you places safely.)

Hope this helps.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

Safest traveling is ... sailing.
slow but safe. and you can fish on the way ...

go like to the Marble and sail to Deceit :-)
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

sarmatian wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 11:05 am
Safest traveling is ... sailing.
slow but safe. and you can fish on the way ...

go like to the Marble and sail to Deceit :-)
where is marble on the map?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

So, I made the trip to Deceit (also leveling an SOP) and I'm finding that it's a lot easier to just run to Orc Caves up by Yew. Tons of mobs you can chow through quickly and they respawn pretty quickly.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

shame and covetous arent bad either, fairly short runs