The Halloween Bosses Fight

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

The Halloween Bosses Fight

Post by Turnabout »

I made a video with some brief instruction (read the description of the video) on how I do the 1 vs 5 Halloween Bosses fight from the Halloween event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM_YExt7XNI&t=18s

Have fun.
The Skilled Image.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: The Halloween Bosses Fight

Post by Johnny Warren »

Very cool. I always start with the boss behind the little house also. This will be helpful to a lot of players.

I do appolyon the same, except if possible I will lure all appolyons at the same time and kill them.

I used to do Clio that way, but I've recently been experimenting with a Whirlwind technique that seems to work fine and kills her faster.

I also use RPD to kill the benedicts, but I go a little more all out and use another spell to stay toe-to-toe with the wolfys at all times to max the RPD. I lure all the benedicts to me as well where possible to speed them up. I get through 5x benedicts in 5 minutes on a good run with the strat ZeeeQi and I developed.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

Lol, geared the 9s with an auto-insta-bandage script and dropping from 666->300 regularly. Pretty much confirmed I can't touch it with my 237 HP max. Only have 2 re-layers and +35 stats though. Maybe I'll try it in a few years of grinding.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Eremite wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:46 pm
Lol, geared the 9s with an auto-insta-bandage script and dropping from 666->300 regularly. Pretty much confirmed I can't touch it with my 237 HP max. Only have 2 re-layers and +35 stats though. Maybe I'll try it in a few years of grinding.
Part of his trick, I don't know if you noticed, is that he has enhance potions on his relayers. He quaffed a greater strength potion before battle and that added more than 100hp to his max.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Wil wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:44 am
Eremite wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:46 pm
Part of his trick, I don't know if you noticed, is that he has enhance potions on his relayers. He quaffed a greater strength potion before battle and that added more than 100hp to his max.
How long do the potions last?
Alibaster in game!!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

i think that 20 min
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

“How long do the potions last?“

The UO standard time is 2 minutes.
I’m not sure if the longevity is modified here
on Excelsior.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

Wil wrote:
He quaffed a greater strength potion before battle and that added more than 100hp to his max.
Dropping by 350+ HP consistently, I'd need to somehow drink several stacking strength potions. I'll stick to just selling the sigils.

I really like the concept of the Halloween event and it's very well done, just frustrating to be locked out of content behind gear and script walls. Seems to be a running theme with a lot of content though, which makes sense as most people have been playing for a decade. Just makes the barrier to entry seem insurmountable at times.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Eremite wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:49 am
Wil wrote:
He quaffed a greater strength potion before battle and that added more than 100hp to his max.
I really like the concept of the Halloween event and it's very well done, just frustrating to be locked out of content behind gear and script walls. Seems to be a running theme with a lot of content though, which makes sense as most people have been playing for a decade. Just makes the barrier to entry seem insurmountable at times.
To be fair the 5x boss fight is the ONLY thing that is challenging/interesting for me these days. It's only like 1% of content that is designed for full relayered players, the other 99% is accessible to everyone. I would honestly like to see more content geared towards those of us who have very little left that we haven't done or is challenging.

If you focus on just grinding relayers out you could be fighting the 5x bosses this time next year. The other alternative is to do a group run. I think these bosses were originally designed to be done by groups. Go in with friends/guildies and get your goodies.

I also happily run the 5x bosses with anyone. I don't take any loot/gold from the final chest. He/She who supplies the sigils gets all the rewards when I run newer players through this. I just enjoy the fights, like I said, there isn't much content that is challenging after 14 years.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

This is how its designed, you grind to be stronger, than you grind for something special, and sell items for those who grind to get stronger. Anyway i cannot heal so fast with what i use, so i stick with one boss :D changed a bit healing hotkey (now it uses [bandself ingame macro, and also uses bandie via razor after 0.2 sec) looks bit better but still not enough for 5 boss debauchery cause must be ready to get extra hit :D
Yuki
Adept Scribe

Post by Yuki »

There is a lot of content for new players to gear up and a lot of it is detailed in the wiki. You start with all the mistvale gear, maybe get some imp pets, farm gold and get a decent weapon. Then you can get the GoC stuff, aim for 220 dex and you can start killing stuff without pets. All the while you grind champ spawns for scrolls and and join some harrower kills which people open to the public all the time. You got the Christmas event that's very accessible and gives great gear and yea there's always the relayers that take a lot of gold and effort to create.

This game is a slow grind which a lot of us enjoy, we put a lot of work into our characters and it's taken us years to get there. Some people can solo the 5 bosses but it's certainly not most of the server. Everyone else can just group up and be social since this isn't a single player game anyways.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Durocius wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:01 pm
“How long do the potions last?“

The UO standard time is 2 minutes.
I’m not sure if the longevity is modified here
on Excelsior.
Greater Strength last 2 minutes for me. Potions appear on the buff gump, command [buffs, which displays a count down timer. Cast Strength also appears on the Buff gump and for me last 2 minutes 25 seconds.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

yeah i been mistaken a bit, just by ten times :D