Let's Talk About A Veteran Vendors Prices In TC

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Lach
Elder Scribe

Let's Talk About A Veteran Vendors Prices In TC

Post by Lach »

So here recently I was told I'm a cheat and this and that but who's really cheating the players of Excelsior? Hmm 65 Ed for skull of enlightenment I plan on using three on March 1st for the shard for free & the 4 I bought in January for us all for something to do as a shard instead of bash each other online. 45 Ed for a level 100 blaze of death I sold mine for 300,000 gold. 425 Ed for a pair of sunglasses that do nothing. Two memorial day flags to honor thouse & myself that fought for our freedom & gave the ultimate sacrifice was probably givin for free that's right 999,999 at least it's gold this time though right. Two memorial day walls for those that died beside me defending the world 1.25k gold. Agian probably givin for free, a milestone for the shard something most that love this shard would display at thier home forever that's right 2 million gold. Now this last one takes the cake the twin towers memorial twentyth anniversary of the worst day in my country's history that's right 5 million gold. I digress dose it really seem like this vet of the community cares about anyone else but themselves. Then we have fourm posts that need to be addressed that keep new players from joining the shard, but unfortunately I will defend myself and apparently in this case my country agian & agian like I did when I was 18 in the military risking my life for something they want to benift from.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Let's Talk About A Veteran Vendors Prices In TC

Post by Eremite »

It helps readability to break stuff up into paragraphs. :D

I've felt the same thing though with TC pricing (though it's not limited to TC). I pick up treasure maps if they're cheaper than the gold I'd get from them and frequently see them listed for insane prices. (More than you'd get from looting the gold and all other items in total - think like 15K for an expert Trammel map, etc) Whoever thinks I'm willing to *lose* money hunting treasure maps can think again, lol.

My understanding of TC vendors is that you don't pay a fee based on the value of the items inside, yes? You just pay a rental fee? That's likely leading to the overpricing as there's no incentive to price it at a value that it will sell at - set it on there for some insane price and if it takes a year to sell during a drought of that particular item, then fine.

This speaks to the problem I'm noticing with player economy in general. There isn't really much of one. The best way to get ahead currently is to farm for whatever drops the most raw gold. Any gems get stuffed into a pouch and sold to a vendor. Any reagents or other ExEx compatible items get stuffed into an ExEx box to languish as most rarely sell. Any other items get either smelted/chopped for raw materials, sold to vendors, or trashed for tokens.

I'd love to see effort put into revitalizing player economy. Some things I've thought about:

Remove the daily fee associated with items on vendors and do a flat 3-5% fee when the item is purchased (seller pays)
This is a big one. Vendors should probably have a base daily fee that's relatively cheap, but adding items shouldn't increase that fee.

I've been building up a stash of high-priced items (NPS SoP's, etc) that I can't put on a vendor because the fees would eat me alive and the economy is so slow I can't rely on it selling quickly. I feel awkward spamming world chat with sales offers and posting in Discord/Forums to sell stuff seems like a bad thing for engagement - things should be kept in-game as much as possible.

Add a system for breaking down artifacts to gain some sort of artifact currency
This is mostly because I feel bad about trashing so many artifacts. There are a few that people want (SoT, BoneCrusher, Blaze, etc), but I just trash the vast majority of them since there's no build that needs them.

Some sort of system where you could break these down and use that currency to buy other artifacts would be nice. You could even have BC's, etc on there for a very high price. This would give other artifacts a reason to exist and a reason to sell/buy them.

Could even to a Tokuno turnin style thing where you turn in like 10 random artifacts, then get one artifact at random. I'm not a big fan of gambling mechanics, but this would be better than nothing.j

Other thoughts:
* Necromancy reagents need a use. They are currently just vendor trash.
* Organics are pretty worthless now despite the newbie dungeon touting them as a great way to make starter gold.
* There are a lot of collection items from T-Maps that just get trashed. Some reward for collecting a full set would encourage selling them and completing sets.

I could probably keep going, but if I make this much longer I'll have to get a publisher.
Last edited by Eremite on Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josef
Passer by

Post by Josef »

Good post. To the point and no flaming.
👍🏻
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Honestly, complaining about current TC vendor prices is ridiculous. Most items are selling for 50-70% less then they did 3-4 years ago.

Fresh Bone Crushers would sell for 350ed, a leveled BoD for 200ed, Hide of the Werewolf for 25-30 mil gold etc.

I’m honestly not sure how anyone can complain about TC vendor prices with a straight face.
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

It's because it's hindering for new players without balron farming who can earn 1 million gold it takes new players days or weeks to do this. Then we wounder why no one sticks around.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Lach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:55 am
It's because it's hindering for new players without balron farming who can earn 1 million gold it takes new players days or weeks to do this. Then we wounder why no one sticks around.
5-10 years ago new players stuck around when prices were double and triple. New players not sticking around has nothing to do with the price of items in TC and everything to do with no real activities, events, or a process for newbies like many other shards have.
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

Well that unfortunately is the case I've been on other shards. Where they have some players that have like a flag attached to a mount and it reflects that they are a new player guide something like that would be a good idea. That way they could show them the ropes and get them interested and more players running events.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

TC vendors are a representation of the FREE market on UOEX. Where in the real world is the market place used to be charitable and help those in need? Nowhere.

Trying to equate a person's vendor prices to their charity is absurd. Actions within the game are how you measure a person's charitability. I could make an argument that donating a large sum of money to "help the shard" actually hurts it. ED prices are currently down 14% from where they have been for a while and anyone that had their game wealth tied up in ED is now 14% poorer. How did that help each and every player on the shard? If you have 1000 ED saved up it went from 60 mil down to 52 mil. 8 mil is a big loss. ED prices are not impacted when you farm gold instead of buying it.

That's called a free market where supply meets demand. Maybe instead of focusing on one person's account, you look at the overall market. If there is just one of something that everyone wants then the person paying the most will get it. Kind of like an auction. :wink:
Alibaster in game!!
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Lach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:06 am
So here recently I was told I'm a cheat and this and that but who's really cheating the players of Excelsior? Hmm 65 Ed for skull of enlightenment I plan on using three on March 1st for the shard for free & the 4 I bought in January for us all for something to do as a shard instead of bash each other online. 45 Ed for a level 100 blaze of death I sold mine for 300,000 gold. 425 Ed for a pair of sunglasses that do nothing. Two memorial day flags to honor thouse & myself that fought for our freedom & gave the ultimate sacrifice was probably givin for free that's right 999,999 at least it's gold this time though right. Two memorial day walls for those that died beside me defending the world 1.25k gold. Agian probably givin for free, a milestone for the shard something most that love this shard would display at thier home forever that's right 2 million gold. Now this last one takes the cake the twin towers memorial twentyth anniversary of the worst day in my country's history that's right 5 million gold. I digress dose it really seem like this vet of the community cares about anyone else but themselves. Then we have fourm posts that need to be addressed that keep new players from joining the shard, but unfortunately I will defend myself and apparently in this case my country agian & agian like I did when I was 18 in the military risking my life for something they want to benift from.
*eyeroll here* As a shard vet and a US Vet (20 months till I retier) the 2nd had embarrassment is strong right now we don't claim this person or post... This post is so far off the mark it is clear there was no commanders marksmanship program and the qual was pencil whiped in DTMS. I wish we could get a few hundred or even a thousand new players it would be super cool... but, sadly thats not going to happen. Sell your property for whatever you price you choose and buy stuff that you want at a price you find acceptable.
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

I stated my feelings on a situation. Also how alot of other people probably feel on the prices on this shard in TC.

Have a nice day, Sir
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Lach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:27 pm
I stated my feelings on a situation. Also how alot of other people probably feel on the prices on this shard in TC.

Have a nice day, Sir
I'm just confused how deco items on uoex have anything to do with your military service...it's almost as if you're implying that someone on the other side of the globe doesn't have the right to sell a deco item on a TC vendor at market price because years ago you chose to join the military.
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

Nope not that just find it personally offensive & selling free gifts for profit kinda crappy agian stating personal opinions on a matter. Thanks for your input.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Lach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:41 pm
Nope not that just find it personally offensive & selling free gifts for profit kinda crappy agian stating personal opinions on a matter. Thanks for your input.
You find it personally offensive that players are selling deco items they got for free? How do you know that the person selling it didn’t buy it from another player and didn’t get it for free?

Using your train of thought selling anything players get from an IDOC would also be personally offensive and crappy since those players got it for free right?
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Lach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:41 pm
Technically isn't everything we get for free? We're not using real money and we gain game gold by playing. Also, free items are a limited commodity. If a person wanted to collect old deco items then they have to pay for it since they were not here back in the day. It's not like we get the same thing every year indefinitely. It's different each time.
Alibaster in game!!
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

You know what I just realized your right it's everyones own decisions what they do in a video game besides the for owner of that game they make the decisions so let's keep it that way.