Halloween bosses

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Halloween bosses

Post by +Colibri »

The halloween quest and bosses are now active!

There are 5 bosses, each has a Shadow version (lesser) which has a chance to drop a key to the real boss. The shadow bosses spawn quite fast, and drop some loot - either regular or rare deco, at a small chance.

The real bosses have a 50% chance to drop either two common deco items or one rare deco items.

When you get a key from the lesser boss, doubleclick the gatekeeper orb next to the dungeon entrance. You will be able to enter up to 5 keys, which will define what bosses you'll fight inside. You can activate just a single boss, or different ones, or any combination, even 5 of the same boss. The bosses will spawn in 5 random locations within the arena.

Time limit: you have 10 minutes base + 5 minutes for each boss to kill the bosses. After that, you will be booted out from the arena with no reward.

At the moment, three boss keys drop: Apollyon, Banshee Queen and Werewolf. The other two, Hollow Rider and Goblin King, still need some touchups to make them interesting, and will probably become available during the next week.

Dreadnought armor (that was sold at the auction): you can get a piece of this armor only if you summon 5 bosses at once (either kind, or mixed).

Daily quest for boss key
Talk to Maximilian outside of the dungeon to get a quest. The first quest of the day rewards a boss key, you can however do a total of 5 quests per day for an additional reward.

Update october 25th
Today we fixed a few issues with the halloween dungeon:
- After killing the boss you no longer get kicked out from the instance after a few seconds
- There were some issues with the loot when you doubleclicked the chest, should be working now.
- All special cloaks and "lykosor family swords" where removed (shouldn't have been dropping).
- Plus a few minor things
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Halloween bosses

Post by Johnny Warren »

Do you have to solo the simultaneous 5 to have a chance at the dreadnaught armour?

We did a 5 simultaneous with a rather large party the other day and got like a token or 2 each.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

I feel like it's a possibility with 5 bosses, not a guarantee
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

I think I must be doing something wrong with this boss setup. Twice I've summoned and killed all five bosses, both times I was kicked out the instant I killed the final boss. I didn't have the opportunity to loot either time.

I submitted a help request in game, but if anyone else can be of assistance please chime in.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

IMO

The teleport out when the last boss dies glitch (teleport glitch) only happens in a fight that takes more than 10 (maybe up to 15 but I think 10) min in total. Each boss adds 5 extra minutes to the fight time BUT NOT TO THE INSTANCE TIMER. I am sure this is just a coding error and will get fixed. The workaround is to be standing on chest when the last boss dies and you can double-click the chest and get loot before the instance collapses if you DOUBLE CLICK 1 time and let the loot bar scroll (if you triple click it will start the bar over and you will get teleported out before it finishes, if a spell is cast [ie by a macro] it interrupt the loot bar and you don't get anything.)

right now I am just holding on to keys for when the glitch is fixed, I did 5 apollos twice now (and a bunch of solo wolf guys and double witches) that I got teleported out as soon as the last boss died. ten keys are expensive so I would just hold them and not try my workaround (it works but only if you double click perfectly)

I do not have a workaround for the "no loot rights" glitch but it has only happened once for me solo and 0 in 2 people groups, seems to be a lot more common with groups (larger then 2 ppl) for some reason. Has nothing to do with Damage dealt, I've gotten the "no loot rights" glitch when I did 95% of the dmg and was the only one alive
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

We just did 4 wolves and 1 Clihodna with 10 or so people. Most did not get to loot before getting booted but they are working on it. Does insurance money get taken when you die in the boss fights? Fun to do either way.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

+Arden responded to the page. It's a bug in the instance system that is being worked on, as Glyph stated. Hopefully it's an easy(ish) fix!
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

It's fixed and working flawlessly, for anyone who was wondering.
pekto
Journeyman Scribe

Post by pekto »

no seasonal totems? i tried the mini boss inside the dungeon i got the loot bag and system message said i got 1 key and 2 tokens but once i peak inside, only gold is inside the bag
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

pekto wrote:no seasonal totems?
Nope, same as last year.
pekto
Journeyman Scribe

Post by pekto »

bummer
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

pekto wrote:no seasonal totems? i tried the mini boss inside the dungeon i got the loot bag and system message said i got 1 key and 2 tokens but once i peak inside, only gold is inside the bag
i got a message about gold, some halloween token thingies, and 5 nobleman something something...only gold is in the bag.

-Iago
pekto
Journeyman Scribe

Post by pekto »

yeah still not fully functional dungeon at the moment, wait for further announcement
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

So is the Halloween Quest open and working? What do you have to say to Maximilian the Quest Giver for him to give the quest book? Also is the trick or treat quest working since I dont see a quest giver? Thanks. Sorry if this was answered elsewhere I just couldn't find it.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Alex wrote:So is the Halloween Quest open and working? What do you have to say to Maximilian the Quest Giver for him to give the quest book? Also is the trick or treat quest working since I dont see a quest giver? Thanks. Sorry if this was answered elsewhere I just couldn't find it.