Auction August 22nd 2020

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Auction August 22nd 2020

Post by +Colibri »

We've set up an auction for Saturday, August 22nd 2020. The auction will begin at 20:00 shard time (that's 4pm eastern US, 1pm pacific).

The items are all displayed in the Aucton Display Room (Town Center -> Auction room on the north side -> Go through the green gate).
Here's also the list of items that will be sold.

Treasure1 addon
Excelsiorian sandals (-100 weight)
Stronger wooden box
Large BOD of your choice
Deed for a kraken spawner (for your house, invunlnerable decorative monster)
Feeding bucket
Sarcofagus lord (opens/closes if you doubleclick it)
Ethereal dyetub (for equipment, skin, or pets).
Ethereal skeletal dragon
Table with cards addon
Cannon east addon
Sandcastle addon
Bracelet of shaam upgrade deed +5
Cannon with ammo addon
Hammock with palms addon
Halloween Minotaur Yard addon (cannot be placed in the house yard, it's a regular house addon)
Winetub addib
Bloody ankh addon
Pier addon (turnable)
Mystical sextant of control (seacaptain's quest reward)
Beekeeper's hat with net (single-use-mold: can be worn as-is, or can transfer it's appearance to a Helm-slot item).

BTW, we usually announce the auction and the items that will be sold, on monday or tuesday for the coming weekend. This auction was kind-of-announced (the date, but not the time), and since the items are announced so late, we skipped the high-ticket items (e.g. ancient weapons, special houses...). There will be something like that in the next auction.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Auction August 22nd 2020

Post by Johnny Warren »

+Colibri wrote:BTW, we usually announce the auction and the items that will be sold, on monday or tuesday for the coming weekend. This auction was kind-of-announced (the date, but not the time), and since the items are announced so late, we skipped the high-ticket items (e.g. ancient weapons, special houses...). There will be something like that in the next auction.
Somewhat loathe to post this... I get that you'd like to announce the auction earlier when good items are auctioned... but this set of items really feels like a clone of the last mini auction. The ethy, the deco, the mold item... There's loads of options there, a bit more time between repeating these items would be cool. Maybe cycling them through a bit further apart would help. This list is just so.... meh...

Also, THANK YOU FOR THE AUCTION :D :D :D
+Colibri wrote:the high-ticket items (e.g. ancient weapons, special houses...). There will be something like that in the next auction.
Any idea when something like this ^^^ might occur?
JOHNNY WARREN!
RobRoy
Journeyman Scribe

Post by RobRoy »

Agreed, guess we should be happy it happened at all. I would have expected more from you +c. Actions aren’t painting a great picture atm just my opinion!
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by PaPa »

Yah this was very disappointing. It dint even look like we got a 24 hours notice. I understand everyone wants more,, more auction more IDOC, more events, but there needs to be a fare warning about the upcoming events give at least 72 hours of a warning.

I would have loved to go to the auction but never knew about it till it was over.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

PaPa wrote:It dint even look like we got a 24 hours notice.
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 330#p76518

Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:19 am
"we're going to have 3 auctions very close together. First one probably on August 22nd. "
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Wil wrote:
PaPa wrote:It dint even look like we got a 24 hours notice.
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 330#p76518

Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:19 am
"we're going to have 3 auctions very close together. First one probably on August 22nd. "
Saying "probably on August 22nd." isn't notice - it's a "probability". Not sure why you always go out of your way to try and nullify players grievances.
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by PaPa »

I never even seen the posting for the 12 i did read the one for the 13th but normally +coli dont post there ever day so never seen the 12th post.

This post was posted less then 24 hours before start.

So if you only check the forums once a day this post could easily be missed and then auction missed.

That's why i'm saying there should be 72 hours notice, hell even 48 hours would have been nice.

Was there a town crier message I missed also?

just saying the reason for these auctions or at least a by product of them is to lower inflation in game. If not everyone knows then there's a possible loss of greater income and lower inflation.

What also would be nice is if +coli could send out a mess personal message announcing big events "[pm Everyone"
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I started this thread to whine about the quality of the auction items (all the recent repeats), not the timing and lack of notice! Can't we all whine about the same thing on our free server??! :P
JOHNNY WARREN!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

qbf wrote:I started this thread to whine about the quality of the auction items (all the recent repeats), not the timing and lack of notice! Can't we all whine about the same thing on our free server??! :P
What do you mean you started this thread? Unless you're also Colibri... :geek:

Stop being so selfish and let us all have a piece of the "whine" stick. :lool: :lool: