Orion Alternative

Name says it all
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Orion Alternative

Post by Alibaster »

OK I need some advice. I have been using Orion and I really like it but I am having trouble with the Blue Belt quest not working with Orion. So, I want to get input on an alternative. This is what I lie about Orion. What can I use to replace it

1) I am not comfortable writing scripts and Orion helps me with that with their macro conversion to script feature
2) I enlarge the game play screen so I can see more gaming area. I REALLY like that!
3) Very smooth frame rates
4) My mouse does not flicker

All of this may seem superficial but it's why I like it. Any alternative suggestions?
Alibaster in game!!
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Orion Alternative

Post by davethemage »

What part of the quest are you having a problem with?

I see you posted another post about this. Follow the instructions and it should be fixed.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

The fix in the other post did the trick. I was running version 1 not 12!! it prevented me from entering the building to kill the Evil Trolls. I wonder what other things I was missing with the wrong version.

I'm still interested in hearing other people's opinion on Orion and alternatives. If there is something better out there, I'd like to know.
Alibaster in game!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Orion is better than the classic UO client. It's not enough better to be worth rewriting my Razor and OpenEUO scripts but if I didn't have that encumbrance I'd switch to it immediately.
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

scroft391 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:30 am
1) I am not comfortable writing scripts and Orion helps me with that with their macro conversion to script feature
Glad you were able to find the solution.

I like it for all the reasons you stated as well and the amount of stuff you can do (more things then I can even remember at this point) Plus the amount of available options it has compared to normal UO client.

Scripting isn't so bad. I just looked at what the macro gave me, used information on the discord server and what others posted on github and was able to make a large number of scripts that work for me (maybe not others, but i don't code for others, just me)

When I use to play before I used razor and Easy. When I cam back I tried Orion and found it does the job of both
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Wil wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:42 am
Orion is better than the classic UO client. It's not enough better to be worth rewriting my Razor and OpenEUO scripts but if I didn't have that encumbrance I'd switch to it immediately.
Since I have no idea how to write scripts, I'm not in that boat. :lol: I need cut and paste scripts for Orion if I want to run any at all. That makes switching easier for me if there is an alternative out there. So far Orion seems to be more my speed.
Alibaster in game!!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

davethemage wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:53 am
Scripting isn't so bad. I just looked at what the macro gave me, used information on the discord server and what others posted on github and was able to make a large number of scripts that work for me (maybe not others, but i don't code for others, just me)
If you have a good healing script that you would be willing to share, I would love to have it. :D
Alibaster in game!!
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

This is what I use. Just need to have a stock of bandages. I have 220+dex and haven't died using it yet.

also you can do a search on [Orion] in the published scripts section of the forum for other scripts.

function Auto_Heal_Bandages()
{
var Timer, Msg = "You put the bloody bandage|failed";
while (!Player.Dead() && Orion.Count("bandage"))
{
if (Player.Hits() < 175)//Player.MaxHits() - 1) //change this if you want to heal at a different HP level.
{
Orion.ClearJournal(Msg);
Orion.BandageSelf();
Timer = Orion.Now() + 4000;
while (!Orion.InJournal(Msg) && Orion.Now() < Timer)
{
Orion.Wait(4000);
}
}
else
{
Orion.Wait(4000);
}
}
}
Alibaster