Auction January 7th 2023

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Kairoz
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Auction January 7th 2023

Post by Kairoz »

+Colibri wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:59 pm
- There is a need to do something about instaheal. Start crafting your torches and pitchforks :mrgreen: At some point in the future we'll have to revisit the 220 dex instaheal - of course it won't be nerfed into uselessness, but something perhaps that you can still do insta-heal in bursts, or maybe for it to require an additional resource, and also so that 210 dex already gives some advantage, and 230 a bigger advantage, so that it scales... But I have no idea when we'll get into that, or what the outcome might be. In any case, the infinite bandage will still be very useful, just thought I'd let you all know in advance.
Why?? :scared:
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

*starts crafting pitchforks and protest signs*
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I am SO excited the bandage made the list.

And I like the idea of removing instant heal. No reasons other than change in game mechanics
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

+C If you want to make things harder, please make harder content. There are already areas that are hard for veteran, fully-relayered, obviously fully dex healed players. Removing insta heal wil make those areas almost impossible. For mid-tier players this would tank pretty much every area. For new players... what is the point? It just becomes an even harder slog to get to a non-dying game play area. I don't want to be critical but this is really just a massive middle finger to anyone below high end veteran players. There are a lot of areas in Felucca that are just not possible without insta-heal. The mobs are too many and hit too hard that delayed healing is just a continual death sentence. Who wants to do that? Just my two cents.
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

will there be a special auction after this one?

Also wondering if the infinite bandage will work with current healing script?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

+Colibri wrote:

- There is a need to do something about instaheal. Start crafting your torches and pitchforks :mrgreen: At some point in the future we'll have to revisit the 220 dex instaheal - of course it won't be nerfed into uselessness, but something perhaps that you can still do insta-heal in bursts, or maybe for it to require an additional resource, and also so that 210 dex already gives some advantage, and 230 a bigger advantage, so that it scales... But I have no idea when we'll get into that, or what the outcome might be. In any case, the infinite bandage will still be very useful, just thought I'd let you all know in advance.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

^
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The re-auction will be for today's auction as well. Of all the items listed here, I will pick 50% of them at random, the rest of it goes as with the previous one.

Insta-heal: it's basically a foundational mechanic on our shard, so we have to be careful tinkering with it. Basically it's a bug in RunUO code that only shows up if your dex is high enough (not possible with AOS-era non-custom shards), so in a way it's a cheatcode, but we love cheatcodes :) This also makes creating "semi-challenging" mobs basically impossible, because the only challenge you can make beyond that, is to make mobs that can onehit-kill you. Many of the mobs were made this way because of instaheal. I'll open a fresh topic for discussion when the time comes, not anytime soon I guess.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:14 pm

hehe awesome illustration of our reaction.

Hm if i could have chance to hit faster than 1.25s lets say till 0.75s why not, if its of course considered in increasing value of dexterity thought.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Colibri wrote:
- There is a need to do something about instaheal. Start crafting your torches and pitchforks :mrgreen:
The whole mid-game and late-game balance is predicated on the existence of instaheal. You could easily and badly foul things up by tinkering with it. For what purpose would you take the risk?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Re-auction items have been selected and are posted in the original post, also on display in the auction display room.
Deadline for submitting re-auction bids via the Helpsystem is this Friday at 23:59 shard time.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

Does someone have a list of what they were sold for? I only wrote down a couple things during auction.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

2click the auction block, shows you all the prices
TDC Guild
MarkM
Expert Scribe

Post by MarkM »

Re Auction has ended.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Re-Auction sales log:
Delucian Horn sold to WonderBread for 20,900,000 Gold

Note:
There were 2 refunds:
- Ice rink addon, because the trees remain visible on screen even when you are on other levels in the house
- Ethy panda, because it's ethy and not fully opaque (would require applying the de-etherializing tub )
Both items will be re-sold at the next auction, with a notable disclaimer of these caveats.

Next auction will be a grand one, and will probably (almost sure) be on the weekend of February 4th-5th.

(Old Colibrian proverb)