Introducing: Mistvale Safe Haven

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
korndogg
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Introducing: Mistvale Safe Haven

Post by korndogg »

Can the cloak be obtained by someone younger than the cut off date, and sold to someone older? Id like to buy if possible, and if anyone is selling.

Thank you, I had to take about 2 weeks off and missed a lot of info.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Yes, the cloak, sash, and weapon can be worn by a player of any age. All the quest items can be sold. :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Reminder: these quests are 1 per account. If I catch you exploiting the quest system to run these quests multiple times, you will be blocked from all of the armor quests for the entire 120 days, and jailed.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

So I did 1 round of 4 monster contracts a week ago, and when I went back to get another contract, they say at the bottom that they are repeatable in 160 days.
Is that a glitch, isn't it supposed to be repeatable in 7 days?
Allynne
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Allynne »

The same is true for the apiculture quest. I got a new quest book but says not repeatable for what appears to be 160 days as well. Did it last week no problem, and the NPC said it could be repeated in a week. Will this reset itself?
louis077
Journeyman Scribe

Post by louis077 »

I can also confirm this. My quest log shows 4/9/2014 as the repeatable date. Think there might be a little typo in the code. I was able to get a new contract but none of the kills would register due to the quest delay. I really liked the contract quest though it was a ton of fun!
Ayik
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Ayik »

i had the same thing, i finished the quest the first week, then the questline reset, and i could pick up another quest.

http://s16.postimg.org/f3ppyvn45/Questbugged2.jpg

Looks kinda strange too me. When i kill Ghouls the quest doesnt update, when i click collect button and select a ghoul corpse the "Repeatable in" thing decreases
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Just delete the book and get a new one. The code for the quest is correct, but the questbooks' code on the server is sometimes very odd in how it handles repeatable quests.
Seratech
Passer by

Post by Seratech »

I just wanted to mention that for my character the Sash quest is indeed repeatable. I paged and was told to pursue the quest the second time (yes it was registering kills and items) would be considered an exploit. The sash quest is the only one of the armor quests that shows repeatable on my quest log. I deleted the quest but did want to state there might be something wrong with the way it is registering with my toon.
Geyanna
Adept Scribe

Post by Geyanna »

Has anyone found any of the new stealables yet?
louis077
Journeyman Scribe

Post by louis077 »

+Nyx, Attached is a screen shot if it helps. I tried 3-4 different books and didn't have any luck. Thanks for taking a look!

PS - If you try to "collect" the corpses the timer goes down but normally you just need to kill the mob for it to register. The quest log shows repeatable again on April 9th.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (122.66 KiB) Viewed 5297 times
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

I cannot find one stealable item. Am I missing something? Nothing is high-lightable. I find the boat ores at the entrance of one dungeon but it's never selectable.
louis077
Journeyman Scribe

Post by louis077 »

I think the spawn timers for the stealables are created when +Nyx sets them up initially. Depending on the rarity factor dictates how frequent the stealable will spawn. I have a guess but I don't think she is going to give that information out easily. :)

I see them ever so often when running through. My understanding is that not all stealables will show up by the "display all" trick. But they should highlight when you move your cursor over them.

Hope this helps!
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

Thanks, I have been living in there for awhile so hopefully I will find one at one point. :)
Lord Summerisle
Novice Scribe

Post by Lord Summerisle »

I got a contract for gargoyles...I haven't seen any inside any of the five dungeons and when asking around everyone seemed as clueless.