Vote stone is not working for me

Name says it all
mdsilage
Novice Scribe

Vote stone is not working for me

Post by mdsilage »

For the past 2 days, it will not accept that I went to the 4 sites and voted. I have tried 3 times each day thinking I did something in error and it still won't accept that I have voted.

I did not vote on the 16th, tried yesterday morning and this morning and still nothing.

It claims "The stone didn't find any new votes that you could be rewarded for."
JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Re: Vote stone is not working for me

Post by JimTheDM »

I believe it is based on cookies. Do you have cookies turned off or maybe do you clear them each time you close your browser?
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
Lowne
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lowne »

Hasn't been working for me either and I know it has to be something that I'm doing, I just don't know WHAT it is.

I know you didn't ask me Jim, but I haven't altered my browser cookie handling at all. My votes were all fine until the 15th and then it stopped accepting them. Today I got the "Error code 1" as exampled in the screenshot above but otherwise it's simply says "The stone didn't find any new votes that you could be rewarded for."
Lowne in game.
Archer, Tamer and Long-winded Idiot.
mdsilage
Novice Scribe

Post by mdsilage »

Exactly as Lowne said, since the 15th it won't accept my votes. On the 15th i thought it was maybe it hadn't been 24 hours since i last voted and did not get back on to vote. tried the 16th, 17th and today and nothing. Haven't changed any browser settings, all still the same in chrome, tried using IE etc.. and no go.
Lowne
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Lowne »

I got it to take my vote this afternoon MD. Try again, it might have just been borked for us for a couple of days. I know I used to vote at 10pm-ish my time and I did recently start voting around 6pm-ish so, like you MD, thought that I had tried too early and messed myself up hehe.

I also got to wondering if it was due to the fact that I rarely reboot my system, am rarely logged out of Excelsior, never restart my browser...*shrug* If it happens again I'll do some actual testing and try to narrow down what might be causing it.

As I said before, I knew it wasn't anything to do with Excelsior (i.e. the Reward Stone and such) I just wondered if the sites themselves were wonky for a bit.

No worries! ;)
Lowne in game.
Archer, Tamer and Long-winded Idiot.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

1. Every time your IP address votes, the timer resets by 24 hours whether or not you succeed. So make sure you wait a *full* 24 hours since the last time you tried.

2. You can't vote from a nearby IP address within a couple hours of someone else voting. Not sure what nearby is but it's more than a /24 (class C).

3. You can't vote from the same web browser "user agent" string within a few minutes of someone else. So avoid using the absolute latest version of a web browser that everybody else is using.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Also, you can't vote within a minute of someone else, period. If someone casts a vote 30 seconds before you do, your vote won't count.