Blaze of Death point allocation

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
showxxl
Adept Scribe

Blaze of Death point allocation

Post by showxxl »

Trying to plan out where to spend leveling points on a Blaze of Death - it's mostly going to be used for champ spawns and opening pickle jars. So far iv'e got +8 dex, 50 mana leach and 50 lightning hit on the list. Any suggestions would appreciated.
MrJones
Expert Scribe

Re: Blaze of Death point allocation

Post by MrJones »

Im not the best at leveling, but I do know that with whirlwind, you prolly don't need more than 30 or so mana, maybe 20-25? just saying.. everything else probably at you're own discretion.
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Yeah, not to say your current config can't be useful, but I would start over. If I were leveling a blaze, it would be 25 mana leech (more than enough for WW), 20 SDI (you're going to load it up for spells, maximize their effectiveness), then 25 each of lightning, harm, energy area, poison area. FYI, that's about 20 more points then you have so they may be a bit uneven. Might be more like 23 of each...

Oh, as for the reasoning:

1. Dex is not needed on a weapon. You will hit 220 in other ways. It's wasted points.
2. 25 ML will keep you spamming WW, which is the purpose of this weapons.
3. For champs, area weps, you want to maximize spells and damage output while spamming WW.
4. Variety is the spice of life. Different mobs are vulnerable to different damage types. 50 lightning would be less useful against a mob with high Energy resistance.

Keep in mind, this is MY ideal setup and would be what I would look for in an area wep or blaze if buying. That being said, if that 8 dex gets you over the hump to 220, it might be worth it to YOU to spend those points there. However as you progress, or look to sell that weapon in the future, it will be less useful.
aaron
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by aaron »

Pariah wrote:Yeah, not to say your current config can't be useful, but I would start over. If I were leveling a blaze, it would be 25 mana leech (more than enough for WW), 20 SDI (you're going to load it up for spells, maximize their effectiveness), then 25 each of lightning, harm, energy area, poison area. FYI, that's about 20 more points then you have so they may be a bit uneven. Might be more like 23 of each...

Oh, as for the reasoning:

1. Dex is not needed on a weapon. You will hit 220 in other ways. It's wasted points.
2. 25 ML will keep you spamming WW, which is the purpose of this weapons.
3. For champs, area weps, you want to maximize spells and damage output while spamming WW.
4. Variety is the spice of life. Different mobs are vulnerable to different damage types. 50 lightning would be less useful against a mob with high Energy resistance.

Keep in mind, this is MY ideal setup and would be what I would look for in an area wep or blaze if buying. That being said, if that 8 dex gets you over the hump to 220, it might be worth it to YOU to spend those points there. However as you progress, or look to sell that weapon in the future, it will be less useful.
What he said, except I didn't even go as high as 25 on mana leech. I went 15. If you whirlwind in a group of 8 enemies you get a chance to leech on each one. I was originally told to only go 10 but I found it wasn't enough at the time so I went up to 15. It is all dependent on your gear too. As I added GoC's etc back then, I found mana was easier to manage. Currently at 15 on my blaze I don't run out of mana.

My configuration of spells is a bit different too but to each their own.