Home Wiki Codex Forum Donations Portal

OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Name says it all

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby culichi on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Image
culichi
Elder Scribe
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby Baxster on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 pm

culichi wrote:Image

:lool:
User avatar
Baxster
Adept Scribe
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby culichi on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Baxster wrote:
culichi wrote:Image

:lool:

does this count as a retweet? ive never been retweeted before :dance
will you be my follower I has no followers yet
culichi
Elder Scribe
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby +Veritas on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 pm

culichi wrote:
Baxster wrote:
culichi wrote:Image

:lool:

does this count as a retweet? ive never been retweeted before :dance
will you be my follower I has no followers yet


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl8MfRUDCgk

Viva la resistance!
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
User avatar
+Veritas
Administrator
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby culichi on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm

oops you linked the wrong video :geek:
here is the correct one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ

your welcome 8)
culichi
Elder Scribe
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby +Requiem on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 pm

lilbear68 wrote:bottom line it always falls back to 'its my rules my ball and if I don't like it im going home'
or your going to be banned or jail, instead if a little discretion its always 'the hammer'
I have actually seen snoop use that word and the word dizzle and I have always wondered what a literal translation of them are because if its a black term and one gets in trouble for using these then is it racism? cultural appropriation? personal interpretation of that the word meaning or what it actually implies? I have heard it used on big bang theory and snoop used it when he was on with martha stewart and that's pretty clean cut stuff



First off, words do not belong to anyone, or any group/ethnicity/culture. They cannot be "owned". Cultural appropriation does not exist, except in the minds of some extreme political agendas. A word cannot be offensive if one person uses it, and acceptable if another person does. That's just ignorance. Just because the FTC hasn't yet banned it from TV, doesn't mean we're not quicker adapting here on Excelsior.

Google it. What's the very first things that come up?

I would suggest if you dislike the rules here, then go somewhere else. You're still playing here for a reason. We're still number 1 for a reason. People leave and then come back (multiple times) for a reason. Perhaps it's our enforcement of such rules that people enjoy.
User avatar
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby Yoda on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:27 pm

personally I am just here because I was promised cake and a free hat, not sure about any rules etc.
EasyUo Scripts:
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50416#p50416 - Jedi Rd2d Sound Droid -
Alpha1 **NEW**
http://munkeebonez.blogspot.ca - Project Blog
User avatar
Yoda
Legendary Scribe
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 am
Location: Canada

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby culichi on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Image
culichi
Elder Scribe
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby Rahr on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 am

*crams handful of popcorn into face with massive stupid grin*
Rahr
Master Scribe
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby MarkM on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 am

I'm just curious I have a bad mouth in real.. The filter catches everything I say and it's never on purpose will I get chat banned if the filter catches it? Or does that only work if I say something outside the filter and it gets reported?
MarkM
Novice Scribe
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby +Nyx on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am

Only if you get around the filter, though if we notice the filter caught something you tried to say in wc you're likely to get a reminder to be careful. Content matters as well as language, though, so keep that in mind. :)
User avatar
+Nyx
Administrator
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby +Requiem on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:55 pm

MarkM wrote:I'm just curious I have a bad mouth in real.. The filter catches everything I say and it's never on purpose will I get chat banned if the filter catches it? Or does that only work if I say something outside the filter and it gets reported?


It really depends on the context of the conversation leading up to the violation, and what exactly you said. My advice is just don't try to sneak one by us, and you'll probably be fine. Some people like to try to push the envelope, and while it may work sometimes, you're bound to eventually get caught and reprimanded.

One person tried getting out of a punishment by claiming they were singing a song. The lyrics matched up, but due to the context they used those lyrics in, it was an obvious attempt to circumvent the chat filter, and gripe about their own recent death. (In fact, I think the whole song was meant to circumvent the FCCs rules by attempting to be clever about it).
User avatar
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby andl2ea on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Rules stated in Codex, punished accordingly, seems like an open and shut case to me *shrugs*
As much as I like the people involved in this topic you know what you can and cant say. You cant be surprised when punishment comes along even if you think the word you used isnt justifiable enough for it. The word used is a form of a cuss word that isnt allowed....duh lol. +R has repeatedly reminded us lately about this. Now lets all hug and pet puppies or something :D
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
User avatar
andl2ea
Apprentice Scribe
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby Monsanto on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 am

I like the WC rules the way they are. There is no need to use foul language in world chat when you have people of all different ages reading it. As stated many times before, send a pm if you need to use cursing to get your point across. There's no place for it in WC. If you're intent on circumnavigating the rules to swear then your world chat privileges get revoked, couldn't get any simpler. #endthread
Monsanto
Novice Scribe
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: OverCensureship said shiz in a causal manner

Postby Agony on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:56 am

The justice system in America is JUST LIKE EXCELSIOR. Last year I was being tried for blocking someone at Wal Mart from escaping the self pay aisle resulting in the death of the person. My intentions were good, I thought I was doing something innocent. Well, the courts looked at my American Citizen account logs and found that the other person was actually following me around snooping my basket (they were stealthing so I did not know this) and I was found innocent and given an American shirt of Honesty with +1 luck because during the who shababoggle I discovered an exploit related to one of the products I was buying and reported it to President Trump's top advisor. So, THERE.

If anyone has a problem with my experience, who cares. It's completely within the rules.

Seriously... I mean SERIOUSLY. Step away from the pc, eat something wholesome, return and read the rules. Then comprehend the rules of this private server owned by SOMEONE ELSE who is entitled to create those rules. Then play the game with out getting so bored that we have to come across lame subjects like this in the forums. :nod:

BTW, I was happily reading the forums until now. I stopped browsing when I started coming across threads that mirror the same kind of kiddy issues we see all of the time in WC. If someone walks into my house cursing or even referencing low-life lingo in front of my kid, I kick them out immediately and they are banned from coming back - for good. No arguments. The people I like to be around know better and are a bit more mature. Arguing about it only escalates the situation, and NEVER goes in the favor of the guest. Same concept here. This is someone's private property, and they share it with people in good faith that they would know some manners. I see this ALL OF THE TIME by the kids that play here in WC, and IMO the staff are EXTREMELY lenient toward the matter. So suck it up and play on. If that cannot be done, then just move on. Being James Dean is no longer in style BTW.
...Dimiir Borgu
User avatar
Agony
Legendary Scribe
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron